Author Daytona 765 on Track  (Read 630 times)

• Offline PierreD   be

• Daytona Member  ‐    13

Offline PierreD

• Daytona Member
    • Bike: Daytona 765
    • Number: #644
    Re: Daytona 765 on Track
    Reply #10 on: September 12, 2022, 06:16:22 pm
    September 12, 2022, 06:16:22 pm
    I will change the fairing this winter.
    So, a fairing for the 675 will fit the 765 ?

• Offline Sordo

• Daytona Pro  ‐    118

Offline Sordo

• Daytona Pro
    • City / Town: Meppen
    Reply #11 on: September 12, 2022, 06:25:17 pm
    September 12, 2022, 06:25:17 pm
    Race fairig yes, Stock fairig Front yes, for the rear you need some parts from the 13 Model. Some of that parts you can only order with a New rearframe or used parts from a damged or Trackbike.

• Offline PierreD   be

Offline PierreD

• Daytona Member
    Reply #12 on: September 22, 2022, 06:08:55 am
    September 22, 2022, 06:08:55 am
    That's it! I couldn't resist riding the Daytona on track yesterday at Mettet. compared to my Street RS, I felt at home except the riding position. But II rapidly found easier to lean my upper body into the curves. The engine is a bit more powerful but still very manageable and strong in the mid revs. Although the RS has excellent brakes, the feeling of the Daytona in that regards is absolutely amazing. It was easier to brake hard that release them as I entered the curves.

She was not the only Daytona in the paddock, but the only 765. Most guys told me I was crazy to put such bike, with the carbon fairings on track. I'm a bit crazy, yes! But nevertheless, for me a bike is made to run and not to be displayed in a showcase.

By the end of the day, I was able to reach the best lap I had with the RS (1.19, for those knows Mettet, leaves me plenty of room for improvement 😉).

I also took the personal coaching formula in which I had a personal instructor for three runs. I was coached by Stephane Mertens (!), which really made me feel humble when listening to the endless list of things I have to address with my riding. But at least do I have a very comprehensive list of items to work on. This was a bit alleviated by the other instructor telling me at the of the day "given where you are now, you have two seconds easily in reach".

I will post one or two pics when they are available. Overall, it was an incredible day!

• Offline PierreD   be

Offline PierreD

• Daytona Member
    Reply #13 on: September 24, 2022, 06:09:27 am
    September 24, 2022, 06:09:27 am

On the second images, I'm 45, followed by my instructor who was no less then Stephane Mertens.
    I have a long take away list of things I need to work on  :087: :745: