Author One of kind Moto2  (Read 466 times)

• Offline roadracerx   us

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    7
    • Topic Author

Offline roadracerx

• Daytona Newbie
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Moto2 765
    • City / Town: Irvine
    One of kind Moto2
    on: September 05, 2022, 11:00:10 pm
    September 05, 2022, 11:00:10 pm
    A short video of the bike I built for a customer, enjoy.

• Offline jamiea1991   gb

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    8

Offline jamiea1991

• Daytona Newbie
    • Bike: Daytona 765
    Re: One of kind Moto2
    Reply #1 on: September 07, 2022, 02:14:56 pm
    September 07, 2022, 02:14:56 pm
    Two stunning looking bikes there, thanks for sharing the video! Do you have any sound clips of the road going bike with the spark system by any chance? I'm looking to fit that system to my bike very shortly!

• Offline aardvark9   us

• Daytona Pro  ‐    258

Offline aardvark9

• Daytona Pro
    • Bike: D765 (US) & STRS
    • City / Town: Petaluma, California
    • Number: #105
    Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 05:35:44 pm
    September 22, 2022, 05:35:44 pm
    For the 2nd bike with the AiM dash, did you use the stock ECU or go with an aftermarket one?  Both are great!

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    7
    • Topic Author

Offline roadracerx

• Daytona Newbie
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: September 22, 2022, 05:39:08 pm
    September 22, 2022, 05:39:08 pm
    The bike with the AiM dash has a bespoke wiring harness utilizing a fully tuneable Delta Ecu, BSD switches, etc.  Was quite a complicated install, took months to get it to work properly but its awesome now.

• Offline aardvark9   us

• Daytona Pro  ‐    258

Offline aardvark9

• Daytona Pro
    • Bike: D765 (US) & STRS
    • City / Town: Petaluma, California
    • Number: #105
    Reply #4 on: September 22, 2022, 05:43:37 pm
    September 22, 2022, 05:43:37 pm
    Very nice.  I've got the EVO4s on mine with suspension pots and brake pressure sensors and a custom ECU profile.  I'd love to replace the EVO4s with an AiM TFT dash on it but I've read that I'd have to retain the stock dash somewhere and I'm not quite ready to replace the wiring harness and ECU.

• Offline Far Canal   au

• Daytona Pro  ‐    81

Offline Far Canal

• Daytona Pro
    • Bike: 765's and 675's
    • Number: #405
    Reply #5 on: September 22, 2022, 10:31:43 pm
    September 22, 2022, 10:31:43 pm
    *Originally Posted by roadracerx [+]
    The bike with the AiM dash has a bespoke wiring harness utilizing a fully tuneable Delta Ecu, BSD switches, etc.  Was quite a complicated install, took months to get it to work properly but its awesome now.
    Didn't you get it from UKRS? I did and it was plug and play... https://www.ukracesupport.com/collections/triumph-street-triple-r-765-electronics/products/triumph-street-triple-765-moto2-wss-spec-race-electronics-package

I hate to burst your bubble but this bike is not a one of a kind. It looks exactly like one of mine. The paint job, dash/ECU/harness, BST wheels, Attack rearsets, BSD switches. The only differences are the exhaust and triple clamp.
    Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 10:37:37 pm by Far Canal

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    7
    • Topic Author

Offline roadracerx

• Daytona Newbie
    • Topic Author
    Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 02:09:34 pm
    September 23, 2022, 02:09:34 pm
    I DID get the system from UKRS, it was NOT plug and play as advertised.  If your system was Plug and Play you benefited from my help in getting it sorted as I was among the first to ever get this system and it wasn't ready for consumers.  Would love to see some pics of your bike!  How did you get the AiM dash to fit properly?  What mapping did you develop for the bike?  My customer went a bit off the deep end as this bike was about 50k to build so your bike probably isn't the same.  There are some custom-made parts, different linkage, a three-stage livery that was quite difficult to paint, satin matched carbon to the satin BST wheels, etc.  There are many changes to the bike that aren't so obvious but I'm not here to sell anything, just wanted to share with the Triumph Moto2 community.
    Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 02:17:15 pm by roadracerx

• Offline Far Canal   au

• Daytona Pro  ‐    81

Offline Far Canal

• Daytona Pro
    • Bike: 765's and 675's
    • Number: #405
    Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 02:52:59 pm
    September 23, 2022, 02:52:59 pm
    Don't get me wrong, the bike looks great. You've done a fantastic job. It's definitely a big job. Are they the BBT fairings?
    The photos you see on the UKRS website of the Aim dash/ECU/harness and switches are actually mine. I was the first person to get this system built and after that Simon(UKRS) put it up on his website. This was June of 2021.
    I have all the parts you mentioned and more, including the exact same paint job. It's a replica of the original Triumph Daytona 765 prototype.
    As for mounting the Aim dash, I had a fabricator make up a new mid section. He cut out the middle of the old dash mount and welded in the new section with the correct cut-outs...https://images.daytona765.com/683804283.jpg
    I have a mechanic/tuner who did the install and I honestly couldn't tell you what he's done to tune it. He didn't complain to me about it being difficult except to say the new ECU is a lot larger and that he had to get creative with fitting the tank back on. I did notice it's missing the large mounting bush for the long bolt at the rear of the tank. Probably to give it the extra couple of mm to fit the mounting bolt in.
    Here's a link to some of my bike build... https://www.daytona765.com/index.php/topic,561.0.html
    Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 03:08:31 pm by Far Canal

yeasty-need