Author Attack Performance Rearsets  (Read 724 times)

• Offline jamiea1991   gb

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    8
    • Topic Author

Offline jamiea1991

• Daytona Newbie
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Daytona 765
    Attack Performance Rearsets
    on: August 15, 2022, 09:41:44 pm
    August 15, 2022, 09:41:44 pm
    Hi Everyone,

I am a new owner of a Daytona 765 from the U.K. I collect my bike mid September and I have to say I canít wait, itís going to be a long few weeks!

I am about to order a set of Attack performance rearsets. I have done some reading and searching on the forum and I have seen a few people have installed these on the 765 moto2.

I know that the Attack performance set for the 675 2013- fits but that you have to switch the quick shifter sensor to the bike end and then connect the shift rod directly to the rearset. Attack performance have said they would send the correct spherical ball end for this when I spoke with them. I was wondering if anyone has images of the attack performance rearsets fitted with the shift linkage routed through the frame?

I know some people have used a woodcroft style shift rod set up, but Iím looking to use the attack set up. I suppose my only concern is the functionality of the quickshifter as the sensor will effectively be reversed by swapping it to the bike end compared to the OEM set up.

Thanks
    Jamie

• Offline pelko   us

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    6

Offline pelko

• Daytona Newbie
    • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto2
    • City / Town: Los Angeles
    • Number: #101
    Re: Attack Performance Rearsets
    Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 08:24:07 am
    September 02, 2022, 08:24:07 am
    Just picked up my attack rearsets. If anyone can send pics of the left and right side for reference, that'd be cool.

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    8
    • Topic Author

Offline jamiea1991

• Daytona Newbie
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 12:23:56 pm
    September 02, 2022, 12:23:56 pm
    I have ordered mine and they should be with me next week. I'm happy to send pictures once I've got them fitted!

• Offline pelko   us

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    6

Offline pelko

• Daytona Newbie
    Reply #3 on: September 02, 2022, 10:59:38 pm
    September 02, 2022, 10:59:38 pm
    As far as I can see, the retracting spring for rear brake from the OEM sets is not needed. There doesnt seem to be a place to set the spring, but I wasnt aware the rear brake is properly operable without one. Is it correct that you wouldnt need the spring for the attacks? On all my other bikes with aftermarket rearsets there is a spring so Im not sure.

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    8
    • Topic Author

Offline jamiea1991

• Daytona Newbie
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 10:29:35 pm
    September 03, 2022, 10:29:35 pm
    From what I have seen there is no need for the spring when installing the attack rear sets. Check out the video below I found of someone fitting them to a 675 which is pretty much the same.

Youíll need to use a banjo bolt pressure switch as well if you want to retain the rear brake light from what I can see too.

• Offline aardvark9   us

• Daytona Pro  ‐    258

Offline aardvark9

• Daytona Pro
    • Bike: D765 (US) & STRS
    • City / Town: Petaluma, California
    • Number: #105
    Reply #5 on: September 04, 2022, 12:45:40 am
    September 04, 2022, 12:45:40 am
    *I think* Woodcraft sells an optional spring that goes over the master cylinder shaft if you feel like you need it.  Iím running without a spring and it returns just fine, not that I ever touch the rear brake on track.  Maybe somedayÖ

• Offline pelko   us

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    6

Offline pelko

• Daytona Newbie
    Reply #6 on: September 12, 2022, 08:20:40 pm
    September 12, 2022, 08:20:40 pm
    To follow up on this:

After playing around a bit, ended up reversing the shift rod. The GP shift configuration works well, smooth quickshift/autoblip and smooth manual shifts. The daytona 675 vids are not helpful for installing the shift side rearset.

Is this the same way others have installed it?

Only concern is a possible weak point where the quickshifter is ball jointed to the shift pivot arm. It seems strong enough, but being reversed this way seems like it will bring lots more stress to the quickshift end of the shift rod than if positioned the OEM way.

Any tips on that?

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    8
    • Topic Author

Offline jamiea1991

• Daytona Newbie
    • Topic Author
    Reply #7 on: September 13, 2022, 08:21:35 am
    September 13, 2022, 08:21:35 am
    Looks good! This is exactly the way I plan on installing mine. I have the rearsets now but have yet to pick up the bike! The pictures I have seen on Facebook groups the way you have installed them is also how other have done it. the video I posted was more in answer to your question about the spring for the brake side rather than the shift side, as I knew that the quickshifter sensor would need to be reversed.

Honestly I don't believe you'll have an issue with strength of the joint. The direction you have it set up in will not induce any more stress than if it was the other way around. It would be ball jointed at the other end if it was in the OEM direction, and as the forces are aligned when shifting (in terms of stress/strain along the shift rod), the end of the rod where the sensor is located will not make any difference to the strength compared to the OEM setup.

Do you have any pictures of the brake side fitted? Did you fit a pressure sensor for the rear brake light switch?     

• Offline Moto2_761   ca

• Daytona Member  ‐    36

Offline Moto2_761

• Daytona Member
    • Bike: Triumph 765 Moto2
    • City / Town: Mississauga
    Reply #8 on: September 14, 2022, 02:21:35 pm
    September 14, 2022, 02:21:35 pm
    Does anyone have the range of adjustments over stove - or + back and Forth and up and down over stock.
    Looking to see if this will work for a tall rider.

• Offline aardvark9   us

• Daytona Pro  ‐    258

Offline aardvark9

• Daytona Pro
    • Bike: D765 (US) & STRS
    • City / Town: Petaluma, California
    • Number: #105
    Reply #9 on: September 14, 2022, 02:50:05 pm
    September 14, 2022, 02:50:05 pm
    If in standard shift, check closely for interference between the swingarm and the bolt for the shift linkage. I actually had some contact once the suspension was moving and ended up going with a direct linkage (Woodcraft style) but kept the Attack for everything else.

yeasty-need