Author Evotech Radiator Guard Fit  (Read 311 times)

• Offline Huntress   us

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    4
    • Topic Author

Offline Huntress

• Daytona Newbie
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Daytona 765
    • City / Town: Texas
    Evotech Radiator Guard Fit
    on: August 01, 2022, 07:49:50 am
    August 01, 2022, 07:49:50 am
    I'm reaching out for some much needed assistance brought on by confusion and a hint of frustration. I bought the Evotech radiator guard and exhaust header guard combo. I put on the radiator guard (it is questionable if it fit as intended since it didn't go on as expected but it is on) and then when attempting to put the header guard it does not fit no matter what I do. Someone told me they had to bend the header guard a bit to get it on but there is nothing I can do to get it to fit. I'm wondering if the radiator guard is either defected or if I really didn't try hard enough (with fear of forcing or damaging something) to get it fit ideally. I could use assistance or detailed photos of the completed install for comparison.

• Offline KeithS   us

• Daytona Member  ‐    23

Offline KeithS

• Daytona Member
    • Bike: Daytona 765
    • City / Town: Minnesota
    • Number: #98
    Re: Evotech Radiator Guard Fit
    Reply #1 on: August 05, 2022, 04:01:15 am
    August 05, 2022, 04:01:15 am
    Are you running a set of Sato frame sliders, by chance?  After installing the required body spacers for the frame sliders, I had a very difficult time installing my EvoTech header guard. I modified the guard by using a round file to elongate the mounting holes toward the edge of the guard, and then used slightly larger washers with the supplied bolts. 

Later, I was able to obtain Triumph factory sliders and removed the Sato sliders along with the spacers. At this point, the bottom guard looked like it would have fit without my previous modifications, but since the work had already been done, Iíll never really know.

Regardless of your situation, you may need to make the same type of mod. 

• Offline JJthor   gb

• Daytona Pro  ‐    51

Offline JJthor

• Daytona Pro
    • Bike: Moto2, 1978 GS750e
    • City / Town: Winchester(ish)
    Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 01:29:22 pm
    August 05, 2022, 01:29:22 pm
    I found the only way to get the header on is do each screw a tiny bit one at a time.  If you do any fully up before attaching another, it will never fit.  It's tight but it will eventually go on if all else around it is standard.

Does that approach work for you?

• Offline aardvark9   us

• Daytona Pro  ‐    258

Offline aardvark9

• Daytona Pro
    • Bike: D765 (US) & STRS
    • City / Town: Petaluma, California
    • Number: #105
    Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 05:00:59 pm
    August 05, 2022, 05:00:59 pm
    Not sure if this tip will work for stock fairings but on my track fairings I attached the EvoTech downpipe guard to my lower (belly pan) with small zip ties in the areas where the plastic screws/grommets wouldn't reach.  Everything has stayed in place for ~4k track miles.

yeasty-need