Author Topic: MCN London Motorcycle Show 14th-16th Feb  (Read 301 times)

Offline Liam

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765
Re: MCN London Motorcycle Show 14th-16th Feb
Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 08:33:10 PM
*Originally Posted by Jay765 [+]
Bike number 001 seems to be the one that has been used at the original Silverstone press launch last August and may well be the bike used for the demo laps at the British Moto GP by Peter Hickman as well. Which ever bike this was will have a few more than just delivery miles on it  :001:

Bike 001 was on the Triumph stand but it wasn't used for the demo laps. The demo laps were carried out on a US spec bike with the red accents and were, according to the Silverstone PA announcer, piloted by Loris Capirossi (despite the schedule saying it would be Hickman).

The PA announcer then went on to say Capirossi had ordered a bike for himself after riding it. I wonder if that was true and if so, did he pay full price? :007:

Offline Jay765

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765
  • City / Town: West Malling
  • Number: #494
Re: MCN London Motorcycle Show 14th-16th Feb
Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 10:20:09 AM
*Originally Posted by Liam [+]
Bike 001 was on the Triumph stand but it wasn't used for the demo laps. The demo laps were carried out on a US spec bike with the red accents and were, according to the Silverstone PA announcer, piloted by Loris Capirossi (despite the schedule saying it would be Hickman).

The PA announcer then went on to say Capirossi had ordered a bike for himself after riding it. I wonder if that was true and if so, did he pay full price? :007:

Apparently Loris was the only buyer who was able to choose his own bike number as he wanted number 65 as this was his old race number  :062: he was at the Silverstone press launch saying that he had ordered a bike, like you say he may have got a discount  :008:

I saw Peter Hickman in the video clip (on this site) revving a 765 in the paddock, I guess also at Silverstone.
Daytona 765 (#494)
2014 Z1000SX (looking to change to 2020 model)
2005 ZX636 (slowly ridden track day bike)
2017 Fantic Casa 250 (hardly ridden enduro)