Author Under rear cowl--does something go here?  (Read 299 times)

• Offline pelko   us

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    2
    • Topic Author

Offline pelko

• Daytona Newbie
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto2
    • City / Town: Los Angeles
    • Number: #101
    Under rear cowl--does something go here?
    on: June 21, 2022, 03:38:56 am
    June 21, 2022, 03:38:56 am
    Hello gents,

Picked up my moto2 preowned from a dealer. It's pretty clean overall, no apparent issues. Have gone through almost every inch my self and biggest concern so far is whether there is supposed to be a part under the tail cowl indicated by the red box (pictured). Not entirely sure about all mods that the previous owner did, and the dealer wasnt very descriptive/didnt know either. Prev owner had a hindle on there, which I've swapped by to stock. Additionally, what should the pictured plug (green box) be plugged into, if anything at all?

Looked around at the forum pictures to find a view of the rear body work removed to see if anyone else did/didn't have anything there. Found one picture and it appeared not to have anything where I've indicated in green, but I'm still concerned since I cant confirm given that there are no schematics for the moto2 (thanks triumph). Is it some kind of tech? Upon opening the airbox, I found an aftermarket high flow filter, but the bike hasn't thrown any error codes (Ive been told changing the stock filter will throw errors). I have a feeling something was removed to trick the ecu (maybe?), but I'll wait for the forum's collective expertise here.

Any context would be great; I'm still learning this bike and only rode it twice so far (not including test ride). Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 03:39:27 am by pelko

• Online Sordo

• Daytona Pro  ‐    110

Online Sordo

• Daytona Pro
    • Bike: Daytona 765
    • City / Town: Meppen
    Re: Under rear cowl--does something go here?
    Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 07:15:59 am
    June 21, 2022, 07:15:59 am
    Replacing the air filter does not give an error code. the connector is for reading and programming the ECU, you can put it on the plastic (yellow). the space in the red field is always free, it doesn't belong there with the Daytona. If a Hindle exhaust was fitted, the mapping might be adjusted, have your triumph dealer upload the factory mapping again or do it yourself with Tune ECU and OBD LX Bluetooth connector from Scantool, so you can also read out and delete errors yourself if one occurs .

https://tuneecu.net/TuneECU_En/index.html

https://kds-online.de/de/obdlink-lx-bluetooth-inkl-obdwiz-software.html

• Offline pelko   us

• Daytona Newbie  ‐    2
    • Topic Author

Offline pelko

• Daytona Newbie
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto2
    • City / Town: Los Angeles
    • Number: #101
    Re: Under rear cowl--does something go here?
    Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 11:06:20 pm
    June 21, 2022, 11:06:20 pm
    Thanks.