Author Topic: My first Triumph. Picked her up this past Tuesday  (Read 264 times)

Offline IlChengis

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: 2020 Daytona 765
  • City / Town: Southeast
Hi Everyone,
I am originally from Europe, but I've been living in the US (Florida/Georgia) for a while now.

My last motorcycle was a Ducati 748S, in which I wound up swapping a built 996 engine. I kept the bike ~12 years, but wound up selling her to a friend and vowing to myself not to buy another motorcycle here in the US due to its bike unfriendly laws (which is a pity, because it's a beautiful country to explore on two wheels).

Fast forward to last Tuesday, and here I was leaving a local Triumph dealer on the seat of a beautiful, brand new Daytona 765. :138:

The main reason I'm back on two wheels is because riding is one of the few things I can share with my old man. He's owned in excess of 40 different motorcycles over his life, but never a Triumph. Over the past year or so, he took an interest in these beautiful, much improved British machines and last month he wound up picking up a Speed Triple 1200 RR. He wound up establishing a good rapport with the guys over at the dealership, and has paid them multiple visits since then... never failing, each visit, to tease me with a slew of pics (and all sorts of winking emojis) of the beautiful, lonely Daytona 765 that had been sitting, unsold, on the showroom floor.

My dad is a child.

I have to admit, I have been purposely turning away from all things motorcycles since selling my Ducati. It's been a defense mechanism to resist temptation and dampen the misery... so clearly, I've had some serious catching up to do. I haven't had the chance to research the purchase as much as I normally would have, but #581 had enough things going for her (never owned a 3-cylinder and it's a very exclusive model, to name the first two that come to mind) that I decided to take the plunge.

I plan on keeping the bike largely unmolested, with the exception of the removal of the "countertop oven" sandwiched between the header and the beautiful Arrow muffler. I just found out that some folks are already making midpipes for this bike, just need to do a little more research to decide which option offers a good compromise between quality and price.

I was pleasantly surprised to find an active, "old fashioned" Forum dedicated to this bike (as opposed to a FB Group). I have a lot of catching up to do and I look forward to the serious lurking that awaits me on this site.

Stay safe, cheers!

Offline MattR

• Forum Help and Support
  • Daytona Pro
Re: My first Triumph. Picked her up this past Tuesday
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 09:18:18 AM
Welcome to the forum  :028:

:401:

Offline ChaWARma

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 675 & 765
  • City / Town: France
  • Number: #754
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 07:08:40 PM
Welcome, you have just acquired an exceptional motorcycle 👍🏼
Daytona 675R 2011
Daytona 765 Moto2 #754

Offline Geteup

• Daytona Member
  • Number: #712
Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 06:37:31 AM
Definitely the perfect bike to get you back into the swing of things! Enjoy and stay safe!!

Offline IlChengis

• Daytona Newbie
  • City / Town: Southeast
Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 03:55:31 AM
Thanks gentlemen, much appreciated!

yeasty-need