Author Topic: Traction Control (TC) Electronics help  (Read 408 times)

Offline Homeychan

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: 765 moto 2
Traction Control (TC) Electronics help
on: October 24, 2021, 05:18:34 AM
I took this bike to a trackday, and while it was the best handling stock bike I have ever ridden, the electronics were very intrusive. Braking hard for a downhill corner the ABS would be unpredictable and make it very hard to stop.  The TC would also kick in and stop me from accelerating, it seems to be based on lean angle, not on wheel spin.  The menus don't give you the ability to modify TC, just gives you different riding options, I had the bike in track mode and would love to be able to turn down TC, I know how to disable the ABS, but does anyone know of any software or any way to reduce the TC intervention? 

Offline 516

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: Daytona 756
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
  • Number: #627
Re: Traction Control (TC) Electronics help
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2021, 03:25:54 PM
Go into the main menu,  scroll down to ride mode settings,  go into track mode settings and turn off traction control.   Now when you boot up the bike and set the ride mode to track there will be an indicator on the dash showing TC is off.

Offline Sordo

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765
  • City / Town: Meppen
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2021, 09:37:01 PM
You can deactivate TC in the menu, ABS cannot. you can put a washer behind the front ABS sensor or remove the front ABS ring then ABS and TC are off. Warning lights in the Dash are then of course on.

Offline aardvark9

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: D765 (US) & STRS
  • City / Town: Petaluma, California
  • Number: #105
Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 04:50:40 AM
Weird, in Track Mode, original settings, Iíve never felt the ABS or TC actually get in the way. The TC lets me do baby power wheelies in gears 1-3 and spin the rear on exits and Iíve never felt it impede acceleration. With ABS in track mode I can lift or lock the rear.

My riding coach took the bike out and he said he never felt the electronics kick in when he was 2 seconds off MotoAmerica qualifying pace.

My Street Triple RS, while largely the same electronics, is much more intrusive in the same mode.

There is no IMU so all ABS & TC is based on wheel speed, at least as I understand it.
Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 04:52:53 AM by aardvark9

Offline Homeychan

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: 765 moto 2
Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 12:30:03 AM
You have a very different experience with your bike, this bike will not wheelie, and absolutely cuts the power till the bike is virtually straight up and down.  I will disable the ABS this winter and run without TC.  Seems like a shame that you can't just adjust the TC so it's still there and still go fast.  I imagine though thats why the tires were mint.  I also ride an R1 around this same track and have had none of these issues with the Yamaha elecronics.

Offline aardvark9

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: D765 (US) & STRS
  • City / Town: Petaluma, California
  • Number: #105
Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 12:37:56 AM
Just a thought--you might have the dealer plug in to it and check for any updates and even if there isn't one, maybe ask them to re-flash it.  I took mine in about 6 months ago, not b/c I was having any issues but there was a firmware update.

data-full-width-responsive="true">