Author Topic: New Member Chicago-area  (Read 184 times)

Offline DAYT765

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 765
  • City / Town: Chicago
New Member Chicago-area
on: September 17, 2021, 03:25:25 AM
Hello,

I hope to learn a lot! I'm new to sport bikes but kind of fell in love with this bike at first glance.

I been on dirtbikes all my life. After college I bought my first street bike; but then shortly after, my dad bought a faster bike which made me reconsider what kind of bike I really wanted... a few you tube videos later I started looking at Triumph's 675street triples... then walked into a dealership, only to FIND the bike I proudly own now. #381 Daytona 765 (USA)

I look forward to putting plenty of miles on her. just finished the break-in and climbing fast! Glad to have been invited to this forum and meet some like minded people! CHEERS!

Offline Brian807

• Daytona Newbie
  • City / Town: Fairfax
Re: New Member Chicago-area
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 02:51:28 AM
Enjoy! I just finished up my break-in 1,000 today. That first run up to 12k or so was absolutely amazing.

Offline DAYT765

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 765
  • City / Town: Chicago
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 08:02:09 PM
i still instantly up shift or back off at 9-10K. Im not worthy of 12K yet  :020: lol. At least not here, in Chicago. Need to find some better pavement for the 12K pulls.

Offline Brian807

• Daytona Newbie
  • City / Town: Fairfax
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 02:13:04 PM
You mean you don't hoon on I-355 like all the other sportbike riders? I'm coming from an air cooled Ducati so my ear's calibrated to shift at around 8,500. The pull on the Daytona seems endless.

data-full-width-responsive="true">