Author Topic: New owner, Beware #720 (US)  (Read 221 times)

Offline USA#645

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: Daytona moto2
  • City / Town: Atlanta
  • Number: #645
New owner, Beware #720 (US)
on: September 02, 2021, 12:53:45 PM
Hello! I have considering the Daytona 765 since I first heard about it. Finally found the right deal and traded in my speed triple. The dealer I went to in Douglasville, GA had 6 to pick from. I went with #720. This poor machine made it 6 miles from the dealer before the engine dumped oil on me. I pulled over, called the dealer and they towed it back. I go in the next day and the owner of the dealership shows me a picture of the engine case with a massive hole in it.

Needless to say I went and picked out another # and had that one DELIVERED. That's how I ended up with #645. Still in the break in period (135 miles) already looking into cutting that damn bread box out from the exhaust.

Looking forward to learning more about the bike, and finding quality ways to improve the performance.

Offline Nonstop

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: Daytona Moto2
  • City / Town: Douglasville
Re: New owner, Beware #720 (US)
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 04:28:42 AM
Bought mine from the same dealer in douglasville.
No issue but itís crazy how small the moto2 world is.

They still have 2 or 3 up there

Offline Capnbob

• Daytona Member
  • City / Town: Tempe, AZ
  • Number: #270
Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 10:52:32 PM
Welcome!
Sorry to hear about your troubles, and thanks for the heads up if someone else ends up with that bike.
I couldn't wait to finish the break-in on my bike, so I could get rid of that silencer and put a straight pipe in its place!!
Hopefully, this break-in goes better than the last   :018:
2020 Triumph Daytona Moto2 765 #270
2011 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
2005 Special Edition (Custom Chopper)
1996 Yamaha RoyalStar 1300
2007 Honda CRF450R, 1994 Honda XR100

Offline USA#645

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: Daytona moto2
  • City / Town: Atlanta
  • Number: #645
Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 11:25:55 PM
 So far so good on the new one! At 375 miles right now. Hopefully get close to the 600 for break in this weekend.

There's a shop near me that makes custom bikes, I'm going to talk to them about removing that eye sore from my exhaust system. They are actually a new Triumph dealer too so I'll see if it will cause a problem with the warranty.

Tank grips come in either tomorrow or Saturday. Really looking forward to having a little grip! Not used to sliding that much coming from a speed triple. I just hope the clear ones don't obscure the paint scheme too much.

data-full-width-responsive="true">