Author Topic: Missing Reset Service Option  (Read 388 times)

Offline Masterchief

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: Daytona 765
  • City / Town: Los Angeles
Missing Reset Service Option
on: July 26, 2021, 08:23:55 AM
Here is my experience.

Dealer didn't set date or time on D765 so when I got home I set up the date and time. After setting them up and shutting down when I start up the bike the splash screen comes up displaying "SERVICE OVERDUE".

I read below that I can just change or reset the service date. When I got to that portion of the screen I do not have that option. I checked the manual and there is no option.

I have tried with bike engine off and bike engine on with no difference.

I saw that I can just use my Bluetooth OBDII Reader but I'm wondering will that also reset the mileage counter as well. Currently at 75 miles and it's set to 600 miles for oil.

Any input will help. Thanks.

Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 08:25:20 AM by Masterchief

Offline KeithS

• Daytona Member
  • City / Town: Minnesota
  • Number: #98
Re: Missing Reset Service Option
Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 08:12:05 PM
My experience is the same as yours.  I couldn't find a way to reset the service indicator using the menu options on the bike. It sounds like this was possible on the D675/R, but is not allowed on the D765.  If others have figured out a magical combination of button clicks to do this on the D765, please let us know.

When I hit 600 miles, I opted to use tuneECU running on an Andoid tablet and an OBDLink LX scanner to reset the service indicator.  Even this solution was problematic, throwing an error many times during the reset process.  After some digging, I followed the procedure shown below (posted elsewhere) and I was able to successfully reset the indicator.   When you go through the reset process on tuneECU it gives the option to set a new maintenance interval. I don't remember the exact options, but it was something like 500, 1000, 1500, 3000, etc.

Here's the reset procedure that I was able to use...
1.) Start bike
2.) Plug in ODBII with running bike
3.) Connect Bluetooth
4.) Fire up TuneECU
5.) Try to reset Service Interval, observe fail / error
6.) ODBII and TuneECU stop talking, so disconnect and reconnect ECU in app
7.) Repeat 5 & 6 again
8.) Turn off bike ignition
9.) Turn bike ignition to on, but not start it
10.) Try again to reset the Service Interval
2020 Triumph Daytona 765 (#098)
2018 Kawasaki Concours (1400GTR)

Online 765rocks

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona moto2
  • City / Town: Midlands
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 09:47:59 PM
Ghost ninja has a video on here somewhere that shows you how to do it  :152:

Offline Masterchief

• Daytona Newbie
  • City / Town: Los Angeles
Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 04:01:36 AM
*Originally Posted by 765rocks [+]
Ghost ninja has a video on here somewhere that shows you how to do it  :152:

I saw ghostninja and 2 other videos explaining the process, sorta the same for the ninjas. I guess the thread below this another member had the ability to reset and add a custom service date via menu and not 3rd party.

I'm not gonna do anything right now. I just got 100 miles so all I did was set the date before the actual service due date so I don't see the service light or the Service Overdue on the splash screen

data-full-width-responsive="true">