Author Topic: Custom Seat cover and Tank Pads  (Read 1521 times)

Offline ghostninja

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765
  • City / Town: Riverside
  • Number: #7
Re: Custom Seat cover and Tank Pads
Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 02:32:35 PM
*Originally Posted by Jay765 [+]
Hi there, did you take the original seat vinyl off first or put the Luimoto cover over the top of the original vinyl ?
I have bought another standard 675 Daytona seat to fit my Luimoto cover to so I can keep the Moto2 seat original just in case I want to put it back on for any reason in the future. :084:

Correct I took the stock cover off first. then cut and shaved down the foam. I also brought my stock Daytona 675 seat because I had the same idea, I do not recall why but I ended up just pulling off the original seat. I think the original seat is a bit thicker than the 675. Here is a video of my friend doing it to his H2 for any reference.

In my garage:
2014 Daytona 675
2018 GSX S750
2019 Daytona 765

Offline Jay765

• Daytona Pro
  • City / Town: West Malling
  • Number: #494
Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 04:26:21 PM
Finally got around to fitting my Luimoto Seat Cover, the same as Ghost Ninja but made up in UK / Euro and Rest of the World colours.  :028: I got this from speedycom the UK Luimoto dealer who were very helpful.

I bought a standard 675 seat from Ebay so that I could also keep my Moto2 seat (just in case)  :027:

You can fit these covers yourself if you have a stapler but I took mine to a local bike seat makers who done a much better job than i would have done  :034:

Pictures below, fully fitted, Luimoto Cover done and Daytona seat evolution, from left standard 675, Moto2 and Luimoto  :062:

Daytona 765 (#494)
2020 Ninja 1000sx
2005 ZX636 (slowly ridden track day bike)
2017 Fantic Casa 250 (hardly ridden enduro)

Offline ghostninja

• Daytona Pro
  • City / Town: Riverside
  • Number: #7
Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 04:49:40 PM
Came out super clean man! Love how the colors really match the bike!
In my garage:
2014 Daytona 675
2018 GSX S750
2019 Daytona 765

Offline JJthor

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona 765 / Monkey
  • City / Town: Winchester(ish)
Reply #13 on: May 18, 2021, 10:22:02 PM
Hi @Jay765 - did you go for the gel insert too, if so did the small one work out ok?  I'm going to get a 675 seat as a donor, but not sure if that is more or less padded than the standard Moto2 seat. 

Also, I don't suppose you have the product code for the one you ordered?  I can't seem to find the one from your pics listed on the Speedycom website so I'm guessing I'll have to give them a call direct. 

Big thank you in advance!  :028:

Offline Jay765

• Daytona Pro
  • City / Town: West Malling
  • Number: #494
Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 01:30:46 PM
Hi jjthor, when I had the Luimoto cover fitted I did not fit any of the Gel Pad Insert options, I kept my original Moto2 seat untouched and just bought a standard 675 Daytona seat on Ebay as the donor for the Luimoto cover.

The cross stitched section of the Luimoto cover is already a padded material may be 2-3 mm thick so once fitted it has made the new covered seat better padded that the original Moto2 seat. It is also non slip as well.

I had the cover fitted by a small local company Viking (near Brands Hatch in Kent) who make and fit motorcycle seat covers and they removed the vinyl cover from the 675 seat and fitted the Luimoto cover straight on, these are DIY covers but they have a powered stapler and the skill I dont to make a really professional original looking finished product.

The cover came from Speedycom Performance www.speedycom.co.uk who are the Luimoto UK agents, I dealt with Sharon there by Email and phone, she gave me a part number of 10093101 and of the 2 choices of Silver trim I chose "AL Silver".

I hope this is all the info you need, or come back to me. :152:
Daytona 765 (#494)
2020 Ninja 1000sx
2005 ZX636 (slowly ridden track day bike)
2017 Fantic Casa 250 (hardly ridden enduro)

Offline JJthor

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona 765 / Monkey
  • City / Town: Winchester(ish)
Reply #15 on: May 20, 2021, 08:03:35 PM

*Originally Posted by Jay765 [+]
Hi jjthor, when I had the Luimoto cover fitted I did not fit any of the Gel Pad Insert options, I kept my original Moto2 seat untouched and just bought a standard 675 Daytona seat on Ebay as the donor for the Luimoto cover.

The cross stitched section of the Luimoto cover is already a padded material may be 2-3 mm thick so once fitted it has made the new covered seat better padded that the original Moto2 seat. It is also non slip as well.

I had the cover fitted by a small local company Viking (near Brands Hatch in Kent) who make and fit motorcycle seat covers and they removed the vinyl cover from the 675 seat and fitted the Luimoto cover straight on, these are DIY covers but they have a powered stapler and the skill I dont to make a really professional original looking finished product.

The cover came from Speedycom Performance www.speedycom.co.uk who are the Luimoto UK agents, I dealt with Sharon there by Email and phone, she gave me a part number of 10093101 and of the 2 choices of Silver trim I chose "AL Silver".

I hope this is all the info you need, or come back to me. :152:

Nice one, thank you, sir  :152:   I spoke to Sharon earlier and she's sorting me out.  I know the Viking guys and I'd rather trust them than my own ham-fisted attempts!   

data-full-width-responsive="true">