Author Topic: COMPLETE GUIDE: Full system exhaust on the Moto2  (Read 313 times)

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765 moto2 LE
  • City / Town: Tampa
  • Number: #164
COMPLETE GUIDE: Full system exhaust on the Moto2
on: November 16, 2020, 02:03:41 AM
I wanted to post here all my findings on doing a full system exhaust to the moto2. All of the information I list here is a result of speaking to Yaman from Rapidbike USA and several individuals from EDR Performance in Oregon who have been trained by Dimsport Italy.

First, if you are only doing something like a link pipe or cat delete, you don't have to do anything else, the bike will be running lean and a bit snatchy at low rpms but otherwise mostly fine.

If you are doing a full system you MUST be ready to do several additional mods.

1. ECU flash to disable the throttle position modulation features, the stock o2 sensor delete, and the deletes for smog system and warning lights from the rapidbike module. Also, EDR Performance will likely ask you for throttle position pulls on your local dyno, so there is that as added expense as well.

2. Block off plates for the secondary air injection system. On late model EFI bikes with 02 sensors, ESPECIALLY when using Dynojet's Power Commander V or RapidBike EVO/Race with the Autotune feature, the secondary air injection system MUST be blocked as it will introduce additional oxygen into the system which will skew your 02 sensor's values and make it impossible to get a correct tune.

3. Rapidbike EVO or Race and depending what you are doing either a MyTuning module for wideband o2 tuning on the fly or you can simply block it off and use a dyno tune. The former is recommended.

There is no way around doing all of this. If you just put on the rapidbike module, it can only control fueling and timing, but the ECU will fight your tune with it's throttle position modulation. Using mechanical deletes for stuff like the o2 sensor will "work" but without an ECU flash it will always be fighting your tune because of ride-by-wire.

I hope this will clear up a lot of confusion. I am no expert on any of this stuff, but because of my own ignorance to how these new ECU's work I ended up in a situation with a bike running like sh#t because the information on how to actually fix the fueling on these bikes was not readily available.

All the best!

Edit: Oh I forgot to say, this is mainly for the NA/Canada guys. If you are in France, just go see Jean at Black Hat or if in the UK I'm sure you have a few options for just doing ECU tunes. Likewise, if you stay in Oregon, just go to EDR and they will tune for ya.
Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 02:05:47 AM by Atari765
164/765 Tampa, FL

Offline Sordo

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona 765
  • City / Town: Meppen
Re: COMPLETE GUIDE: Full system exhaust on the Moto2
Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 05:59:31 AM
In Germany, Hertrampf is the right contact for voting directly on the ECU.

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765 moto2 LE
  • City / Town: Tampa
  • Number: #164
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 05:57:58 PM
Just to follow up, after doing all these mods, I've finally got the fuel map dialed in and the bike is feeling fantastic. Working with EDR to fix the 1%-5% throttle position range and idle fueling via ECU. Hopefully will have it fixed in the next day or two.

Next mods I'm doing are going to be microblue ceramic bearings and probably velocity stacks.
164/765 Tampa, FL

Offline RastaRacing

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Moto 2 765.
  • City / Town: SW Ontario Canada
  • Number: #251
Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 07:50:19 PM
Amazing.  :020: :020: :020:

Yes please keep us with fantastic updates.

2003 Harley Davidson LE 100yr Anniversary flat track replica
2007 675 road
2008 675 race 
2009 675 race 2012r pro built motor
2020 765 road / race

Offline DirtyDonuts

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Moto2 Daytona
  • City / Town: Detroit
  • Number: #188
Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 06:16:02 PM
I am currently beginning the same process. I have the exhaust, I am only waiting on a couple free days so the tech and I can start installing. I am hoping my reflash with EDR goes a little more smoothly than your experience getting mappings and performance right. Based on what I've seen though, I think the worst thing ill have to do is spend some money on a dyno if things don't go perfectly first try. Really anxious but very excited!

data-full-width-responsive="true">