Author Topic: ECU remap for North American owners  (Read 10751 times)

Offline Far Canal

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: 765's and 675's
  • Number: #405
Re: ECU remap for North American owners
Reply #60 on: May 07, 2022, 04:08:32 AM
*Originally Posted by SpetzVityaz [+]
There is the link to their tune. My buddy has it for his BMW S1k and he loves it.

https://brentuningmoto.com/product/triumph-moto2-765-street-triple-17-and-daytona-stage-1/

If anyone does get it, can you let us know if it is worth it?
Damn, that seems expensive for what is essentially a cookie cutter tune. I'd expect a custom tune with dyno time for less than that. Personally I'm not a fan and prefer a custom tune because every bike is slightly different. I've tried sharing tunes with friends and you never end up with the same dyno numbers. They always end up needing a final tweak on the dyno.

I don't know how much TuneECU is charging for a tune these days but I'm fairly sure for less than a couple hundred bucks you can get the app, an OBD tool and a tune from TuneECU and end up with pretty much the same results.

Scroll down just after the 675... https://tuneecu.net/Tune_List.html

Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 04:10:54 AM by Far Canal

Offline Coolflame

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: 2020 Daytona 765 m2
  • City / Town: Kansas
Reply #61 on: May 17, 2022, 12:19:56 AM
*Originally Posted by daytona765ca [+]
me on the 7th at 2wheelsdyno and at the ridge a few weeks later.
How'd the tuning go?

Offline daytona765ca

• Daytona Member
Reply #62 on: May 18, 2022, 10:04:33 PM
went well. 132.87hp and 59.52 torque, couldv pushed for more but something went wrong with the dyno or something. rides smooth, no choking in the lower rpms.

Offline daytona765ca

• Daytona Member
Reply #63 on: May 18, 2022, 10:06:04 PM
yep, this is for the stock pipe, stock bike. if you remove the box and cat, this wont work, i mean it will work but will run pretty bad.

*Originally Posted by Far Canal [+]
Damn, that seems expensive for what is essentially a cookie cutter tune. I'd expect a custom tune with dyno time for less than that. Personally I'm not a fan and prefer a custom tune because every bike is slightly different. I've tried sharing tunes with friends and you never end up with the same dyno numbers. They always end up needing a final tweak on the dyno.

I don't know how much TuneECU is charging for a tune these days but I'm fairly sure for less than a couple hundred bucks you can get the app, an OBD tool and a tune from TuneECU and end up with pretty much the same results.

Scroll down just after the 675... https://tuneecu.net/Tune_List.html

Offline Far Canal

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: 765's and 675's
  • Number: #405
Reply #64 on: May 18, 2022, 11:51:50 PM
yep, this is for the stock pipe, stock bike. if you remove the box and cat, this wont work, i mean it will work but will run pretty bad.
It's a base map for a stock bike with all of the throttle restrictions removed. If you remove the box and cat you will need to get it dyno tuned.

Offline Jackal

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona 765 M2
  • City / Town: Belfair
Reply #65 on: May 19, 2022, 10:16:03 AM
went well. 132.87hp and 59.52 torque, couldv pushed for more but something went wrong with the dyno or something. rides smooth, no choking in the lower rpms.

What do you have done to yours? I put down roughly the same numbers (also tuned by 2WDW)
-Spark full system
-MWR filter
-Venturi Systems velocity stacks

Offline aardvark9

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: D765 (US) & STRS
  • City / Town: Petaluma, California
  • Number: #105
Reply #66 on: May 19, 2022, 02:46:22 PM
*Originally Posted by Jackal [+]
What do you have done to yours? I put down roughly the same numbers (also tuned by 2WDW)
-Spark full system
-MWR filter

Out of curiosity, what did you see for numbers pre-tuning?

Offline daytona765ca

• Daytona Member
Reply #67 on: May 19, 2022, 05:59:50 PM
dna airfilter, full hindle exhaust.

*Originally Posted by Jackal [+]
-Spark full system
-MWR filter

Online Pangowin

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: Daytona Moto2
  • Number: #290
Reply #68 on: May 21, 2022, 08:27:12 PM
https://www.motodracing.com/xecu-triumph-daytona-street-triple-765-flash-tune-ecu-handheld-bmwtri-bodb-t

Looks like another option for people that may want to use a handheld. Not recommending this or anything, just throwing it out there.

Offline JDGUN

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: 765 Daytona
  • City / Town: Salem, Or
  • Number: #111
Reply #69 on: May 31, 2022, 12:33:07 PM
Had mine in for tuning this past Friday, could not be happier with it. The Frankenstein exhaust (Bodis header, Rasta midpipe, SC project slip on), DNA Air Filter & UKRS velocity stacks, brought the Goods.... Props to 2wheel dyno works  :763: using tune ecu.  136rwhp 61ft lbs of torque. before the tune 131rwhp, 58ft lbs with lean issues all the way though the rpm.. let me get the dyno sheet posted.