Author Topic: Carbon frame and swing arm covers  (Read 483 times)

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765 moto2 LE
  • City / Town: Tampa
  • Number: #164
Carbon frame and swing arm covers
on: September 21, 2020, 07:57:44 PM
Parts arrived from Slovenia, 3m taping ensues, had to bust out the dremel to do some small cuts to fit the carbon for the 765, nothing major. Zip ties galore and done. IMO, looks incredible in person, the carbon weave matches great.

Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 08:00:12 PM by Atari765
164/765 Tampa, FL

Offline VertolMech

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: SALEM
  • Number: #64
Re: Carbon frame and swing arm covers
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 03:28:19 PM
I am glad you enjoy the look!  I am not a fan  I think they might have already overdone the carbon fiber on the Moto 2 already.

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 05:28:47 PM
*Originally Posted by VertolMech [+]
I am glad you enjoy the look!  I am not a fan  I think they might have already overdone the carbon fiber on the Moto 2 already.

I'm not a fan of an unpainted frame, the excuse of weight savings from Triumph was pretty comical. The bike already comes in at well under 400 lbs, saving .2 kilo in weight is not a reason to leave a frame completely unpainted. If they had done that I probably would have skipped the frame covers, but the anodized finish just looks bleh to me.

Maybe I'll change my mind and take them off at some point.
164/765 Tampa, FL

Offline aardvark9

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: D765 (US) & STRS
  • City / Town: Petaluma, California
  • Number: #105
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 07:43:30 PM
@Atari - thanks for the detailed pics.  I've already got my carbon swingarm protectors installed (ABM, also Slovenian, I think) and I put mine on to protect my swingarm from my heel scratching up the swingarm, I wasn't thinking so much about aesthetics but I'm also not a huge fan of the unpainted frame.  I've not done the frame protection yet though I've got the parts. 

I used RTV silicon to attach my stuff which, if I need to remove, will be a bit messy.  I see your carbon frame protection is also missing the one hole on the right hand side of the frame for the last bolt to remove the clutch cover just like my ABM.

Since you used the tape instead of silicon adhesive, do you feel like it sits low or tight enough to the frame?  I"m still toying with the idea of installing the carbon frame protector and I like the idea of the tape so long as it sits close enough.

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 02:37:01 AM
So, yes and no, simply because on the top side that runs under the tank lower fairing it doesnt go far enough to completely cover the frame, even if it is 100% flush. For the swingarm absolutely it needs protection, so I can see why you just did what you did there. Personally I'd go with the tape for the frame covers, you can zip tie it good enough and supplement small areas with adhesive where needed after you have it on.

The other benefit to protecting the swing arm is you can ceramic coat the carbon fiber and make cleaning that whole area a lot easier, considering the chain spray and such.
Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 02:42:34 AM by Atari765
164/765 Tampa, FL

Offline WaliDaytona

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: Daytona Moto2 765
  • City / Town: FULLERTON
  • Number: #282
Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 10:47:36 PM
Which Engine cover is that?

Offline VertolMech

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: SALEM
  • Number: #64
Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 11:06:32 PM
I am interested in knowing what seat you have there.  That two tone and diamond pattern looks great!

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 08:18:20 AM
I use Triumph and GB racing engine covers, sometimes switch them out. The seat cover is a luimoto, you can get it in red accents and stitching as well if you prefer.
164/765 Tampa, FL

data-full-width-responsive="true">

yeasty-need