Author Topic: New member from Ontario Canada  (Read 159 times)

Offline Mellifluous

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: 20 - 765 / 07 - 675
  • City / Town: Brampton
  • Number: #305
New member from Ontario Canada
on: September 12, 2020, 06:42:14 PM
Hi,

Originally from New Brunswick, bought my first bike a leftover 2007 Daytona 675 in 2008 rode for a few years but moved to Ontario and couldn't afford the insurance here so shes been stored for a few years... about 7... =[
Used to track casually, Calabogie, Shuby, Mosport, Cayuga, Shannonville, and one in Michigan cant recall the name. Bikes a little dressed up =]

When i heard about the 765 I couldn't resist, and im getting old enough now that i got a break in insurance so just getting back on the road.
Im a die hard triumph fan, got the alpinestar / triumph leathers and every triumph branded thing i could find lol so theres part of me that loves the new bike... but theres also part of me that really disappointed =[
Throttle response is just trash no matter what mode shes in compared to my 07... engines been cutting out like i read another post that others been having issues, weak starts sometimes or a no start and shes so quiet =[ what happened to the "amazing sound" they were talking about.
had someone else riding my 07 behind me and i could hear her arrow exhaust louder and felt like i was riding a silent electric bike... all this money for a beautiful bike but feel almost embarrassed, and the 35 parts they were talking about? cant find any info on them... so i guess joining the forum to see what other are up too.

Offline Mellifluous

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: 20 - 765 / 07 - 675
  • City / Town: Brampton
  • Number: #305
Re: New member from Ontario Canada
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 06:43:11 PM
oh guess i should mention im #305 / 765 =]

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765 moto2 LE
  • City / Town: Tampa
  • Number: #164
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 01:49:14 AM
Hey buddy, well there is good news for you, Triumph just rolled out the software update to fix the issues with ignition failure. Just had it done to my bike today, and the bike feels really great after. As for the sound, on this forum there is a gentleman called Rasta Racing who has been getting link pipes fabricated for anyone who wants to buy one. This allows you to delete the catalytic converter, lose 20 lbs, gain 4 hp just in weight reduction, and the sound is much much better from all reports. I've got mine from him going to install tomarrow. If you browse around the forum there are lots of threads with info on racing and track days, also mods, etc.

If ya need any specific help just post a thread and ask :)

Welcome!
164/765 Tampa, FL

Offline RastaRacing

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Moto 2 765.
  • City / Town: SW Ontario Canada
  • Number: #251
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 06:10:57 PM
Welcome bud to the 765 family. Sport to hear your about your disappointments with the 765.
Fly by wire does react differently then cable and did read that you have a lot of track time at all but one of out tracks here in Ontario.
I hope you take it to the track to really feel the deference's between the two bikes.

My 675 09 race prep bike is a animal compared to the M2 which is very smooth.
I felt the same until I took it to track and opened her up. Again smooth let them the 675. Smooth is fast.
Now Iím A half a sec slower on the 765 now at the end of the season as Iím getting more use to it handles.
Jumping from different bikes all wknd racing is a grt way to feel all the difference and make your adjustment.
Can be as easy as body position.

Just my thoughts.
Maybe we ride and meet up for beer.
Woodstock would be half way.
 Hope you have more fun everyday your on the beloved 765.

2003 Harley Davidson LE 100yr Anniversary flat track replica
2007 675 road
2008 675 race 
2009 675 race 2012r pro built motor
2020 765 road / race

data-full-width-responsive="true">
yeasty-need