Author Topic: Has anyone else had the ignition cut whilst riding?!  (Read 5540 times)

Offline Mellifluous

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: 20 - 765 / 07 - 675
  • City / Town: Brampton
  • Number: #305
Re: Has anyone else had the ignition cut whilst riding?!
Reply #150 on: September 12, 2020, 06:59:27 PM
its happen to me as well, the rear wheel hasn't been locking up like i read a few others mention, and isn't hard braking, just a casual coming to a stop and feel like when i pull in the clutch it just cuts out and rolls, but clutch is in and have been able to restart no worries.

but also have had some really weak starts, sometime no starts, just had it in for the 1k service this week happened twice before that different days, and then after service happened 3 times on the way home.
also today the race mode was locked out... haven't seen that yet, turned off at a red light and restarted and it came back but, thought it strange.
Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 07:16:44 PM by Mellifluous

Offline Jay765M

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona 765R MOTO 2
  • City / Town: Rugby
Reply #151 on: September 12, 2020, 07:08:16 PM
For those of you having the issue I am happy that there is finally light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully once you have had the ECU update the issue stops for you
I went out on mine again today is no issue so Iíll probably get the update when I take it back in for the second service
Stay safe out there guys  :028:

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765 moto2 LE
  • City / Town: Tampa
  • Number: #164
Reply #152 on: September 16, 2020, 01:14:35 AM
Just had my moto2 flashed with the new software update addressing the ignition failure during my first service at Tampa Triumph. We'll see how things go. Bike feels fantastic after the first service. A few key mods really make this bike feel good, tech spec tank grips, the powerbronze windscreen, and the hid lights at night make a massive difference.
164/765 Tampa, FL

Offline Jay765

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765
  • City / Town: West Malling
  • Number: #494
Reply #153 on: September 16, 2020, 01:47:43 PM
Also had my software update done yesterday, perfect ride home and hopefully no more issues  :062:

My dealer had not been told about the update before I spoke to them, so they had to down load it from Triumph first and then on to my bike.

It is likely this will filter through to all dealers and will either be an all bike re-call (if they have had a lot of issue bikes) or may be an update when bikes are in for a service or any reported similar problem.

Im pretty happy with the Triumph and dealer service on this one, and it is thanks to Forums and owners that we have been able to identify a problem and get it corrected  :821:
Daytona 765 (#494)
2020 Ninja 1000sx
2005 ZX636 (slowly ridden track day bike)
2017 Fantic Casa 250 (hardly ridden enduro)

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
Reply #154 on: September 16, 2020, 07:41:27 PM
*Originally Posted by Jay765 [+]
Also had my software update done yesterday, perfect ride home and hopefully no more issues  :062:

Im pretty happy with the Triumph and dealer service on this one, and it is thanks to Forums and owners that we have been able to identify a problem and get it corrected  :821:

Yeah me too, I think they did alright considering the pandemic. Probably could have gotten the fix much sooner without covid.
164/765 Tampa, FL

Offline SteveHo

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona Moto 2
  • City / Town: Gran Canaria
  • Number: #466
Reply #155 on: September 20, 2020, 11:59:57 PM
Bike is back after the update.
 I only did motorway after picking it up on Thursday. So couldnít test anything.
I went out today planning a really methodical, data harvesting test ride. After 3 miles all that went out the window and I just rode the bike. Dam I didnít realize how much Iíd missed this bike! ❤️

Offline DaytonaPilot

• Daytona Newbie
  • City / Town: Dallas
  • Number: #65
Reply #156 on: September 21, 2020, 03:41:40 PM
First service completed on Saturday, the software update was done as part of the service. 
I did not experience the ignition cutout in the past, but I am very happy to know that item was addressed as part of the software update. 

The ride home was great, but felt slightly different; nothing earth shattering...just a bit more crisp in the acceleration.  It could be related to the software or perhaps now running full synthetic oil, but either way, everything ran well.  A lot of fun on Sunday too. It feels like 065/765 is now waking up.

The Triumph dealer in Fort Worth Texas did a great job for me and many thanks to the members of this Forum to identify a concern and get real world feedback to Triumph.  Much appreciated.
Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 03:43:44 PM by DaytonaPilot

Offline Wyrm

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: Daytona Moto2 765 LE
Reply #157 on: September 21, 2020, 08:37:15 PM
Can I ask people what Rider Mode they were in when they had the cutouts?

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
Reply #158 on: September 22, 2020, 07:01:05 AM
Street, sport, track mode primarily, I didn't test out rain mode
164/765 Tampa, FL

Offline Jay765

• Daytona Pro
  • City / Town: West Malling
  • Number: #494
Reply #159 on: September 22, 2020, 09:44:31 AM
*Originally Posted by Wyrm [+]
Can I ask people what Rider Mode they were in when they had the cutouts?

Only used "Road / Street" mode so far as still at the higher end of the running in process.
Cut out at 608 miles and 688 miles, both whilst slowing from around 50-60 mph and changing down with the clutch from 5th or 6th gear, Software update done by the dealer now, all OK for the last 50 miles or so  :028:
Triumph recognized the issue so I expect the fix to be all good  :001:
Daytona 765 (#494)
2020 Ninja 1000sx
2005 ZX636 (slowly ridden track day bike)
2017 Fantic Casa 250 (hardly ridden enduro)

data-full-width-responsive="true">

yeasty-need