Author Topic: Has anyone else had the ignition cut whilst riding?!  (Read 5542 times)

Offline RastaRacing

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Moto 2 765.
  • City / Town: SW Ontario Canada
  • Number: #251
Re: Has anyone else had the ignition cut whilst riding?!
Reply #130 on: August 05, 2020, 04:20:04 PM
All good here. No updates.
My checks out perfect. Cleared my wrench in the corner. Stamp of approval here.
Wish I had better news for everyone.

Best of luck to all who are having this issue and for those of us who arenít.

Cheers.

2003 Harley Davidson LE 100yr Anniversary flat track replica
2007 675 road
2008 675 race 
2009 675 race 2012r pro built motor
2020 765 road / race

Online 765rocks

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona moto2
  • City / Town: Midlands
Reply #131 on: August 05, 2020, 04:52:45 PM
Yes no updates at the moment  :015:

Offline 765MotoGOP2

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: In coming 765
Reply #132 on: August 05, 2020, 05:19:24 PM
Hi everyone,
Just to let you know had a phone call from my dealer and triumph are aware of the problem and working on a fix.

Offline VertolMech

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: SALEM
  • Number: #64
Reply #133 on: August 10, 2020, 09:35:27 AM
A gentleman in Ireland just posted a response from Triumph UK on the 765 Facebook group that Triumph has found the solution to the issue after investigating several customer and one factory bike.  They say they have a  software update ready to roll out to the dealer network!   If correct, then this is fantastic news and restores my faith in Triumph.  And it seems to be happening just like Atari765 said it would..... :152:

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765 moto2 LE
  • City / Town: Tampa
  • Number: #164
Reply #134 on: August 10, 2020, 10:16:00 AM
*Originally Posted by VertolMech [+]
A gentleman in Ireland just posted a response from Triumph UK on the 765 Facebook group that Triumph has found the solution to the issue after investigating several customer and one factory bike.  They say they have a  software update ready to roll out to the dealer network!   If correct, then this is fantastic news and restores my faith in Triumph.  And it seems to be happening just like Atari765 said it would..... :152:

This makes me super happy that it was something they could actually fix with a quick software update. I saw also the Triumph dealer is holding onto that bike that had the rear wheel lockup issue, which makes me think that particular issue is specific to that one bike and there is a manufacture defect on it somewhere (I'm thinking clutch). No one else has reported anything like that.

edit: When I was first talking about this on the forum I was kind of dismissive, the reason for this is not that I disbelieved peoples reports, it's that I was thinking in my head, 'This is fantastic, brand new production run of a new product and all that seems to be wrong is a software fueling issue'. There have been more expensive production bikes from super reliable big 4 or euro companies that have needed multiple recalls. And not just software update, I'm talking like frames cracking because they outsourced frame welding to some new supplier and they ### it. Which means you don't have a bike for several months as they build new frames and then ship to dealers, then take apart your whole bike, etc etc.

There is no perfect company, perfect production system, perfect way of debugging and beta testing everything before you release it. Everyone wants everything they buy to be perfect of course because it means they made a good choice. However, it's really an unreasonable demand to make when you think about it. We're all people and we all make mistakes, companies are just groups of people. So there will always be issues, I'm thankful when it's something minor rather then major and when the company can be seen to be taking the correct steps to address the issue within a reasonable timescale.
Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 10:47:22 AM by Atari765
164/765 Tampa, FL

Offline RastaRacing

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Moto 2 765.
  • City / Town: SW Ontario Canada
  • Number: #251
Reply #135 on: August 10, 2020, 12:46:17 PM
Well put.  :028:
2003 Harley Davidson LE 100yr Anniversary flat track replica
2007 675 road
2008 675 race 
2009 675 race 2012r pro built motor
2020 765 road / race

Offline SteveHo

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona Moto 2
  • City / Town: Gran Canaria
  • Number: #466
Reply #136 on: August 14, 2020, 07:00:50 PM
Hi all, Iíve only just caught up with all the posts as Iíve been back to work.
 My Dealer tried to give me back my bike a few weeks back saying because the stall didnít happen since the re-flash thatís it case closed! But I refused it.
Now it looks like I was right to do so. It seems Triumph are at last admitting thereís a problem.
As for customer service..
 It sucks! I have bought 2 new bikes in 12 months from Triumph, spending over 30k On 2 bikes I still have. The ST-RS and Daytona.
Then having no joy from the Spanish Customer aftercare manager I called the Triumph Uk head office, left 2 answer phone messages to the European Aftercare Manager and 2 emails to the Aftercare department copying in the word wide customer care manager and never even got a reply.
Iím disgusted really.
If you look at my YouTube videos, I think itís the one I posted in May after lockdown, at around 9 minutes towards the end you can see my second lock up.
Keep safe guys👍🏼

Offline VertolMech

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: SALEM
  • Number: #64
Reply #137 on: August 14, 2020, 07:51:56 PM
*Originally Posted by SteveHo [+]
Hi all, Iíve only just caught up with all the posts as Iíve been back to work.
 My Dealer tried to give me back my bike a few weeks back saying because the stall didnít happen since the re-flash thatís it case closed! But I refused it.
Now it looks like I was right to do so. It seems Triumph are at last admitting thereís a problem.
As for customer service..
 It sucks! I have bought 2 new bikes in 12 months from Triumph, spending over 30k On 2 bikes I still have. The ST-RS and Daytona.
Then having no joy from the Spanish Customer aftercare manager I called the Triumph Uk head office, left 2 answer phone messages to the European Aftercare Manager and 2 emails to the Aftercare department copying in the word wide customer care manager and never even got a reply.
Iím disgusted really.
If you look at my YouTube videos, I think itís the one I posted in May after lockdown, at around 9 minutes towards the end you can see my second lock up.
Keep safe guys👍🏼
Well son of a bitch!  Just when I was starting to get good vibes again....this happens.  I am sorry to hear you are having problems Steve.  I had no idea that you experienced more than one lock up....that is not good and you are not the only one!  I get back to the States from a long work assignment over seas in two weeks and plan to put many miles on the Moto 2.  We will see if my rides are trouble free or result in stalls or the dreaded lock up.  I hope Triumph gets this sorted for you soon!

Offline Dave

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona 765 moto 2
  • City / Town: Liverpool
Reply #138 on: August 14, 2020, 08:02:54 PM
Done 200 miles Sunday no issue
But it cut out first ride  50 miles
Let's hope they sort it

Offline SteveHo

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona Moto 2
  • City / Town: Gran Canaria
  • Number: #466
Reply #139 on: August 14, 2020, 08:45:23 PM

Well son of a bitch!  Just when I was starting to get good vibes again....this happens.  I am sorry to hear you are having problems Steve.  I had no idea that you experienced more than one lock up....that is not good and you are not the only one!  I get back to the States from a long work assignment over seas in two weeks and plan to put many miles on the Moto 2.  We will see if my rides are trouble free or result in stalls or the dreaded lock up.  I hope Triumph gets this sorted for you soon!
[/quote]

Cheers mate,
Just keep the clutch covered as a precaution. At least armed with the knowledge that it could happen you wonít be taken completely by surprise. I am active on the Moto 2 Facebook site as previously mentioned, one chap I have got to know rides his in Track mode all the time and never uses the Quick shifter as another precaution and he hasnít experienced the problem, however he did suffer a different problem earlier in his ownership of the bike, it was stuck in rain mode, he disconnected the battery for a while then reconnected and it was fine.

data-full-width-responsive="true">

yeasty-need