Author Topic: Has anyone else had the ignition cut whilst riding?!  (Read 3139 times)

Online 765rocks

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona moto2
  • City / Town: Midlands
Re: Has anyone else had the ignition cut whilst riding?!
Reply #30 on: July 13, 2020, 10:31:26 AM
I will also take my phone to my first service and show them the threads if they plead ignorance  :182:

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
  • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: Worcester UK
  • Number: #210
Reply #31 on: July 13, 2020, 01:33:24 PM
*Originally Posted by 765rocks [+]
I will also take my phone to my first service and show them the threads if they plead ignorance  :182:

Excellent. Would have a few voices spluttering then!! :028:

Offline Liam

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765
Reply #32 on: July 13, 2020, 09:16:39 PM
A worrying read!

No issues for me after 1200 miles.

Offline SteveHo

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona Moto 2
  • City / Town: Gran Canaria
  • Number: #466
Reply #33 on: July 14, 2020, 08:46:29 PM
*Originally Posted by 765rocks [+]
I am with you what is Facebook?  :745:

Alright, alright 🙄🤣. I know, I know.. Iím not a fan either, about 2 posts a year, wifeís birthday and Christmas.🤷🏼
 However in all seriousness if it wasnít for one of my YouTube contacts suggesting I join, we might not have recognised the ignition cut was more than an isolated incident.
Now, please excuse me while I take a photo of my fish and chips...🤪

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
Reply #34 on: July 15, 2020, 10:18:13 AM
*Originally Posted by SteveHo [+]
. . .Now, please excuse me while I take a photo of my fish and chips...🤪

That's what 'm talkin' 'bout.

I share mine with the Kardashians :156:

Offline Jay765

• Daytona Pro
  • City / Town: West Malling
  • Number: #494
Reply #35 on: July 15, 2020, 10:41:18 AM
*Originally Posted by ChinoFinelli [+]
This happened to me twice today. Both times under moderately heavy braking from about 50mph and clutch lever in.

Hi there, All great with my Moto2 for the first 600 miles  :152:
Then yesterday I took the bike in to the dealer for its first service, all the normal basic stuff, oil and filter change, a tick box check list and a squirt of "extra hi fling" chain lube to cover the lower half of the bike on the way home,  :164: so nothing unusual.

Other than that and may be of no connection but they also carry out an "Autoscan" as described on the Triumph scheduled maintenance check sheet, it states "Autoscan - carry out a full Autoscan using the Triumph diagnostic tool (print a customer copy)"
Not that I got a copy  :027:

Then on the way home the bike cut out whilst braking and slowing for a roundabout, very similar to others, 50-60 mph gentle braking and changing down from 6th with the clutch. I restarted the bike whilst rolling with the starter whilst the clutch was in.
I only had a couple of miles left to get home and it did not happen again.
If it does happen again I will contact the dealer and refer to the number of owners experiencing the same thing.
It seems there is something going on here and could require a recall  :187:
Daytona 765 (#494)
2014 Z1000SX (looking to change to 2020 model)
2005 ZX636 (slowly ridden track day bike)
2017 Fantic Casa 250 (hardly ridden enduro)

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
Reply #36 on: July 15, 2020, 12:33:38 PM
Wow Jay.

This must be a problem with all the Moto 2s and is just a matter of time and circumstances of when it will happen to the next person.

Mine's off the road again so I can't go out 'trying' to get it to happen, but I sure hope Triumph is not going to bury it's very 'hard of hearing' head in the sand over this. :003:

Offline VertolMech

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: SALEM
  • Number: #64
Reply #37 on: July 15, 2020, 03:07:16 PM
I have been following this issue on the Facebook group.  It appears that A.  This is becoming more common than just a handful of owners. B it appears to be related to the clutch being used while slowing down and braking.   I am relieved and happy that Triumph appears to be aware of it and on it to some extent.  Now, while checking my anger, I have to ask.  How the hell did this not get caught during R&D and product testing?

I have no other choice than to draw the conclusion that they just threw a 765 motor into the 675 chassis and figured they were good to go since it was such a proven design.  I realize this is probably an over simplification but there is precedence for this.
Did some of the engineers who botched the 737 Max hop over the pond and get on the Moto 2?

Once again, we do not want to feel bad about our bikes or even think we overpaid for a defective product, but come on.  In the end saying every machine has its issues is not going to cut it!  Something as basic as an engine that stays running has been accomplished for a century now!  How is it that something which is proving to be more common with our bikes get missed?

This has really tarnished my view of this bike.  It might go down as a very rare bike not because it is a numbered run but because it nickel and dimes you while you go through starters just to keep it running!

Offline SteveHo

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona Moto 2
  • City / Town: Gran Canaria
  • Number: #466
Reply #38 on: July 16, 2020, 10:15:06 PM
I contacted my dealer today to see if he had any news. He had heard nothing from Triumph Spain as yet.
When I left the bike with my dealer last week
Triumph Spain asked him to send Triumph (Hinckley presumably)my ECU data.
Id like to think they are going over it in depth.
They asked me if I remembered what mileage intervals it happened at and what dates so maybe there is a data timeline and they could see if any discrepancies occurred on that day.
Fortunately I had taken a photo of the flat spotted tyre on both occasions so had pretty much the exact date and time.

Offline Odin765

• Daytona Newbie
  • City / Town: Ottawa
  • Number: #217
Reply #39 on: July 16, 2020, 10:55:56 PM
Good idea to take those pics.
I was at the dealer yesterday for the servicing and asked for them to look into it. They did and said there were no bulletins, advisories, recalls or software updates for our bike at this time. This cut-out hasnít happened on my bike (1450 km so far) and hopefully itís not just a question of time!
Thanks to all for reporting it.

data-full-width-responsive="true">

yeasty-need