Author Topic: Service manual for the Daytona Moto2 765  (Read 378 times)

Offline georgech

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona Moto2™ 765
  • City / Town: New York
  • Number: #170
Service manual for the Daytona Moto2 765
on: June 05, 2020, 08:55:15 PM
Hi folks,

Does anyone have any leads on the service manual for our beloved Triumph Daytona Moto2™ 765 Limited Edition? (Searching here for "service manual" did not seem to turn up anything relevant)

I recognize this is a parts-bin mashup special, so am not sure whether it makes sense to spend money on the 2017 675R service manual, the Street Triple 765 manual, both, or neither.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Best wishes to all,
George

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
  • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: Worcester UK
  • Number: #210
Re: Service manual for the Daytona Moto2 765
Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 09:16:02 PM
*Originally Posted by georgech [+]
Hi folks,

Does anyone have any leads on the service manual for our beloved Triumph Daytona Moto2™ 765 Limited Edition? (Searching here for "service manual" did not seem to turn up anything relevant). . .

Best wishes to all,
George

Hiya George. Great question and one I don't think has been raised before. I've heard no discussions of one, and having just done a MAJOR Google search, I can't turn anything up.

More than likely there isn't one, or even if there is, it hasn't been read, judging by the amount of mis-information members have already been fed by Triumph UK. We know the engine has more bhp than the Street triple, so it would not be safe, in my opinion, to rely totally on the other manuals for our bikes.

Offline georgech

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona Moto2™ 765
  • City / Town: New York
  • Number: #170
Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 09:25:03 PM
Thanks for weighing in, Nigel. Yeah, I did some Googling as well before asking.

Having a paper and electronic copy of the service manual to reference for my 2007 Daytona 675 throughout the 13 years of owning that model, I can attest to the immense value of official Triumph service documentation.

Hopefully it will turn up. I would be willing to pay good money for it.

Online 765rocks

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona moto2
  • City / Town: Midlands
Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 09:57:32 PM
To be honest with sone of the modders on here hummmm, we could probably write our own  :745:

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
  • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: Worcester UK
  • Number: #210
Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 08:24:43 AM
*Originally Posted by georgech [+]
. . . Having a paper and electronic copy of the service manual to reference for my 2007 Daytona 675 throughout the 13 years of owning that model, I can attest to the immense value of official Triumph service documentation.

Hopefully it will turn up. I would be willing to pay good money for it.

Fully agree. I have relevant manuals for most of my Hondas.

Problem we have now is that there's two thread running about this particular Triumph service manual. I hope information does not be missed by some.

*Originally Posted by 765rocks [+]
To be honest with sone of the modders on here hummmm, we could probably write our own  :745:

Perhaps not as funny as you make it out to be, as there are now many posts about everything from fairing removal to fitting tail tidies to removing CATs. This is where the benefit of forums helps everyone - including those who read but do not post.  :028:

Offline aardvark9

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: D765 (US) & STRS
  • City / Town: Petaluma, California
  • Number: #105
Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 11:02:32 PM
Wondering if anyone has downloaded the complete manual from Tritun.net for our bikes yet.  There used to be a Firefox plugin so you could download all the documents in one fell swoop but that plugin no longer works from what I gather. 

data-full-width-responsive="true">