Author Topic: Bar ends  (Read 114 times)

Offline 765rocks

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona moto2
  • City / Town: Midlands
Bar ends
on: May 19, 2020, 06:36:55 PM
Does anyone know how you get the stock bar end adapters out of the handlebars?  :087:

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
  • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: Worcester UK
  • Number: #210
Re: Bar ends
Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 08:06:31 PM
Yes:

Offline 765rocks

• Daytona Pro
Reply #2 on: May 19, 2020, 09:06:24 PM
Thanks , what is the best type of saw to use ?
 :745:

Offline aardvark9

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: D765 (US) & STRS
  • City / Town: Petaluma, California
  • Number: #105
Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 11:35:58 PM
I just pulled the stock bars off all together and installed Woodcraft clip-on bars, however, I recall fighting with the old '13 D675R bar end weights until I came across this article:  https://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39100 Not sure if it's the same on the D765 but Triumph doesn't usually change up a lot on their bikes once they figure out a fairly workable and repeatable system.

Offline 765rocks

• Daytona Pro
Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 05:00:49 AM
Great  :763:

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 07:57:50 AM
*Originally Posted by aardvark9 [+]
. . .  I came across this article:  https://www.triumph675.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39100 Not sure if it's the same on the D765 but Triumph doesn't usually change up a lot on their bikes once they figure out a fairly workable and repeatable system.

Thank goodness someone was able top provide a responsible answer! I hope that 'tutorial' worked for you! :016:

Offline 765rocks

• Daytona Pro
Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 08:05:35 AM
Nah , I used your method.....

Seriously yes worked out fine, must admit considering these bikes were built by the best in Hinckley you do come across the odd mullered fastening.:..  :182:

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 10:32:49 AM
*Originally Posted by 765rocks [+]
Nah , I used your method.....

Seriously yes worked out fine, must admit considering these bikes were built by the best in Hinckley you do come across the odd mullered fastening.:..  :182:

I wonder if that's the 'standard' for all production line bikes now? 

When employees are put on production targets, there is bound to be quality suffering. Maybe not to a large degree, but maybe to the effect of: 'She'll be right, mate,' instead of: 'That's friggin' brilliant.'

In my various careers, I have worked on automated production lines where each function is completed within the allotted time frame. Simply dropping a screw or having a massive sneeze can put you behind. You might then have to follow the bike on the automated line to the next station and try to finish your own job while battling with other staff performing their function. On that basis the job is either half done or neglected. Sure, quality control is supposed to arrest this, but in my view, quality control is merely a buzzword to convince the end purchaser that all has been built to perfection.

And that, my friends, is why there is no 'Quality Control' process in the production of marriage. It is a losing battle :008: