Author Topic: Protection  (Read 965 times)

Offline mavs

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: 663
  • City / Town: uk
Re: Protection
Reply #30 on: June 10, 2020, 06:20:26 AM

Hi. as promised, if not a little late, a couple of pictures of the 'invisible coating'.
These pictures show the only two noticeable seams cause by the film ending onto the bodywork. On the fairing a faint vertical line can be seen on the curve to the right of the triumph logo ( best seen on the grey section ). On the tank knee pad location a faint line can be seen at the top of the decal ( the line at the very top of the tank is caused by the curvature or the tank ). The tank pad section was also noticeable dependent on the light but I've covered that with a carbon pad. The finish is gloss which blends in perfectly with the rest of the bodywork. There are no seams visible on the rest of the fairing, joins in the film or seat unit.
Overall I'm very impressed by the service provided, the price and the quality.
If you do see an occasional rain mark it was caused by a final jet wash after the service ( spotless before it went in ), which testifies to resistance to moderate jet wash treatment. Cheers

Online nigelrb

• Daytona Master
  • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: Worcester UK
  • Number: #210
Reply #31 on: June 10, 2020, 09:28:10 AM
Yes, looks impressive.

Truly not being negative here, but the test will come after miles of riding if you see a visible 'dust line' in that seam.

Further, most of us guys know about shrinkage :008:, I wonder if this film has strong enough properties to resist that? Just thinking out aloud :028:.

Online nigelrb

• Daytona Master
  • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: Worcester UK
  • Number: #210
Reply #32 on: June 21, 2020, 07:21:59 PM
Not sure whether this might interest some of the more 'OCD' guys, but I've been concerned about side stand operation and the lack of a small protrusion to kick the stand down. Consequently, we're kicking the stand down, primarily, from the centre of the painted surface. This will eventually appear quite scuffed.

Today I applied Rhino protective film over mine. Wrapped all the way around and very discrete. One would have to look very closely to find the edges.

Online Jay765

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765
  • City / Town: West Malling
  • Number: #494
Reply #33 on: June 25, 2020, 01:50:25 PM
Good idea Nigel  :028: my side stand has got a few boot marks on it already, at the moment they all clean off but in the longer term a bit of protection is always a good precaution  :001:
Daytona 765 (#494)
2014 Z1000SX (looking to change to 2020 model)
2005 ZX636 (slowly ridden track day bike)
2017 Fantic Casa 250 (hardly ridden enduro)

data-full-width-responsive="true">