Author Topic: Protection  (Read 381 times)

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
  • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: Worcester UK
  • Number: #210
Re: Protection
Reply #10 on: May 18, 2020, 03:15:52 PM
*Originally Posted by mavs [+]
. . . To cut a long story short I'm lending my D765 as a template. . .

Ooh!! You're going to get free protection!! :001: :016:

Offline mavs

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: 663
  • City / Town: uk
Reply #11 on: May 18, 2020, 03:29:56 PM
no way. no discount. but its the only way to get protection. necessary evil.
just hope the variance of the carbon fairings is low or each customer is just going to get a clone of my fairing, etc.

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
Reply #12 on: May 18, 2020, 04:56:30 PM
no way. no discount. . .

Disturbing to hear that.

Many companies who 'borrow' a bike for template purposes extend at least some sort of 'value added' gratitude. I do know of one popular company which does so, and kitted out a Honda (not mine) with a host of crash protection as thanks.

I guess I just assumed it was an industry standard, given that the company is going to make profits from YOUR bike. :013:

Offline mavs

• Daytona Pro
Reply #13 on: May 18, 2020, 05:59:37 PM
i understand yourstandpoint. however as the d765 is a limited number run , i dont anticipate huge profits made from my gesture. more to the common good.

Offline AJL277

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: 765 Daytona
  • City / Town: North Devon
  • Number: #639
Reply #14 on: May 20, 2020, 03:27:53 PM
i understand yourstandpoint. however as the d765 is a limited number run , i dont anticipate huge profits made from my gesture. more to the common good.

Are they fitting the kit for you mavs?
Or are you going to have a bash.

Offline mavs

• Daytona Pro
Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 08:35:29 PM
i went down today. options are tank or full kit. the full kit is as nigel pointed out the key areas ( leading edges )not the full fairing tank  etc.
the prices are on the web site.
russell, the boss, had had a word with triumph who confirmed that the tank AND fairing where the same as the 2013- d675, only the seat was different by nature of it being single seat.
russell had a look at my bike and compared it to his 675 template.
he said that the headlight assembly was different.
muddy waters ?
 im taking the bike down next week as a donor bike.
russell confirmed that in  addition to the tank and full kits, they will offer a full full kit. that is all carbon pieces covered ( £500 applied by them )
pays your money and takes your choice !

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
Reply #16 on: May 20, 2020, 09:14:15 PM
Cheers for that info. I think most of the stuff is easy to apply if done with patience, AND provided they're cut properly. Main problems are fixing over double contours'

. . . had a word with triumph who confirmed that the tank AND fairing where the same as the 2013- d675

And we ALL know what some of Triumph's confirmations have been like!!  :001:

Offline ghostninja

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona 765
  • City / Town: Hemet
Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 04:00:35 AM
I've been in contact with Invisible Patterns Ltd re. the protection for the D765. They confirm that the tank is the same as the D675 ( 2013- ) but the fairing is different. To cut a long story short I'm lending my D765 as a template. This should be happening in the near future. Prices confirmed as per website. Price for the full kit( £90 ) applied by them is £180.
Hope this helps.

Man ive really been waiting to ride it until I get this done. I am in the US and getting qoated about $1200 to $2000 to get it done since there are no kits.
In my garage:
2014 Daytona 675
2018 GSX S750
2019 Daytona 765

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
Reply #18 on: May 24, 2020, 06:35:46 AM
*Originally Posted by ghostninja [+]
Man ive really been waiting to ride it until I get this done. I am in the US and getting qoated about $1200 to $2000 to get it done since there are no kits.

That is way over the top.

I'm quite prepared to help out if you want to purchase a UK product. It could be shipped to my address and I'll repack and disguise as gift which might save you on import duty. Shipping weight would be light so that's a bonus.

Offline mavs

• Daytona Pro
Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 07:14:39 PM
I'm taking the bike down a week Tuesday for all the carbon to be covered. So for all followers of this forum several options for covering should be available from invisible coatings Ltd. 
P.s. It goes without saying  that I have no financial connections with this firm, even though I tried, but didn't get,  a discount