Author Topic: Hello  (Read 99 times)

Offline Cusi

• Daytona Newbie
Hello
on: May 16, 2020, 04:20:48 PM
Hi I am thinking of trading my ST765RS for a Daytona. There are currently 3 available in the UK. Now this is a lot of dosh for me so are they that good?

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
  • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: Worcester UK
  • Number: #210
Re: Hello
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 05:05:31 PM
*Originally Posted by Cusi [+]
Hi I am thinking of trading my ST765RS for a Daytona. There are currently 3 available in the UK. Now this is a lot of dosh for me so are they that good?

Ooh, this is tough.

I think this is one of those bikes that you want for the emotion rather than just another bike. Most of us have bought them because of what it is and not what it does or what it costs.

Yes, there are more powerful bikes available for less.

Yes, there are more modern looking bikes available for less.

But nothing else you could buy will have the Triumph history, the Moto GP legacy, and the reputation of the last of the long-standing Daytona series. Maybe I'm bumbling on, but despite many of my negative posts about this bike, I bought it with my heart and not my pocket.

THAT is the way you have to think. This bike is not for everyone. But if you do get it, you will not be sorry. :028:

Offline Cusi

• Daytona Newbie
Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 07:17:14 PM
Thanks for such an honest reply.

Offline Jay765

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765
  • City / Town: West Malling
  • Number: #494
Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 04:26:08 PM
*Originally Posted by Cusi [+]

Nigel has also replied with the experience of a full stable full of top spec sports bikes,  :028:
I have come to the 765 Mot2 Daytona having never owned a sports bike on the road, I chose the Daytona for its specification and relative exclusivity having the plan of long term ownership. So far I love the look of the bike and having it in the garage, but as I have ridden it a few more miles I am now loving the riding as well  :001:

The fact that the original 675 Daytona has such a positive following and many original owners of those are moving to the Moto2 version also shows it is a sort after bike by those with the most knowledge of these bikes.
Daytona 765 (#494)
2014 Z1000SX (looking to change to 2020 model)
2005 ZX636 (slowly ridden track day bike)
2017 Fantic Casa 250 (hardly ridden enduro)

yeasty-need