Author Topic: Reset the Service Indicator  (Read 117 times)

Offline aardvark9

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: D765 (US) & STRS
  • City / Town: Petaluma, California
  • Number: #105
Reset the Service Indicator
on: May 02, 2020, 04:57:02 AM
FWIW, TuneECU with a Bluetooth dongle and you can reset your service indicator.  Just hit 600 miles and reset it, worked a charm and no visit to the dealer.  Looks like all the OBD II communications are the same as the 2013+ Daytona so that probably means my AIM Solo 2 DL should talk to the ECU.

Online nigelrb

• Daytona Master
  • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: Worcester UK
  • Number: #210
Re: Reset the Service Indicator
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 05:52:38 AM
That seems like a revelation.

My downfall is fine electronics, but does that mean that what you're saying is that Bluetooth compatibility IS possible with out bikes? It has been repeatedly denied by Triumph to a few members' enquiries and is extensively covered in this thread:
https://www.daytona765.com/index.php/topic,68.0.html

Offline aardvark9

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: D765 (US) & STRS
  • City / Town: Petaluma, California
  • Number: #105
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 05:56:28 AM
I think what you're referring to is Triumph's own Bluetooth connectivity module.  What I'm referring to is a 3rd party OBD II (on-board diagnostics) dongle that you pair with a mobile device running TuneECU, an independent piece of software used for tuning and maintaining Triumphs.  What I was able to do was reset the service light after hitting the first service interval (600 miles) so I don't have to make a trip to the dealer to reset that since I do most of my own maintenance but I don't have access to a Triumph diagnostics computer to do that.

Online nigelrb

• Daytona Master
  • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: Worcester UK
  • Number: #210
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 06:03:06 AM
Okay, thanks for the clarity.

Friggin' Bluetooth. Problem with being an old fogey is that I have not progressed beyond my AM transistor radio. :003:

Offline AJL277

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: 765 Daytona
  • City / Town: North Devon
  • Number: #639
Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 09:58:45 AM
*Originally Posted by nigelrb [+]
Okay, thanks for the clarity.

Friggin' Bluetooth. Problem with being an old fogey is that I have not progressed beyond my AM transistor radio. :003:

Come on Nigel you told me how to do this. You can reset the service light from the dash menu.   :152:

https://www.daytona765.com/index.php/topic,155.0.html

P.S. The OBD Link works with the 765.  :028: