Author Topic: SC Project Full Exhaust  (Read 1800 times)

Online RastaRacing

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Moto 2 765.
  • City / Town: SW Ontario Canada
  • Number: #251
Re: SC Project Full Exhaust
Reply #40 on: July 12, 2020, 07:22:35 PM
Ok Iíll ask my bud tomorrow when I go see him as Iím making a few extra for myself and one for Odin 765     Crashes do happen in racing and I always like to have two or 3 of everything. Yes I have a problem and I acknowledge it so .....  Spares spares and more spares itís all about the spares. Lol.
Have a grtvday.
Ride hard take chance.

Funny how a Marquez fan took me out as Iím a life long rossi fan.
Go 46 !!!!!
Cheers. !! 

2003 Harley Davidson LE 100yr Anniversary flat track replica
2007 675 road
2008 675 race 
2009 675 race 2012r pro built motor
2020 765 road / race

Offline Thule

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: Daytona 765 moto 2
  • City / Town: Istanbul
  • Number: #718
Reply #41 on: July 12, 2020, 09:03:42 PM
*Originally Posted by ChaWARma [+]
On a retail site between individuals, there is a 3 in 1 collector Sc project of moto2 for sale, and the same seller also sells rims.

https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_moto/1812670720.htm

https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_moto/1783428941.htm/

Hello chawarma. Will we need any ecu programming if we use this headers?

Offline ChaWARma

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: Daytona 675 & 765
  • City / Town: France
Reply #42 on: July 13, 2020, 06:57:56 AM
*Originally Posted by Thule [+]
Hello chawarma. Will we need any ecu programming if we use this headers?

I think it's better to take full advantage of the improvements

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Triumph Daytona 765
  • City / Town: Tampa
  • Number: #164
Reply #43 on: July 19, 2020, 06:46:14 AM
I was hoping you guys who are more experienced could help me out with a few questions on this topic of exhaust/filter/tuning. My previous bikes have been production models (honda, kawasaki, never had a triumph before) and I've always gone the power commander route and autotune module then tuned air to fuel ratios myself. But, I'm not sure if that's really the best route here, and there's not any specific PCV for the daytona 765 so, would I need to use the street triple rs PCV if I did go that way?

The alternative I'm guessing is to do the filter, full system, and then take it to a dyno? But I've never done this and I'm unsure how it works, like can they directly flash the triumph ecu with new ratios? Or do you need to override with a 3rd party ecu like pcv and they then use the dyno tune on that?

Thanks for any help with any of these questions, really appreciate it.  :763:
Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 07:03:06 AM by Atari765

Online 765rocks

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona moto2
  • City / Town: Midlands
Reply #44 on: July 19, 2020, 08:45:48 AM
*Originally Posted by Atari765 [+]
I was hoping you guys who are more experienced could help me out with a few questions on this topic of exhaust/filter/tuning. My previous bikes have been production models (honda, kawasaki, never had a triumph before) and I've always gone the power commander route and autotune module then tuned air to fuel ratios myself. But, I'm not sure if that's really the best route here, and there's not any specific PCV for the daytona 765 so, would I need to use the street triple rs PCV if I did go that way?

The alternative I'm guessing is to do the filter, full system, and then take it to a dyno? But I've never done this and I'm unsure how it works, like can they directly flash the triumph ecu with new ratios? Or do you need to override with a 3rd party ecu like pcv and they then use the dyno tune on that?

Thanks for any help with any of these questions, really appreciate it.  :763:

I had decatted headers, SC exhaust, K&N air filter on my 2015 street, used a Power Commander and auto tune, never saw a dyno, ran perfectly  :028:

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
Reply #45 on: July 19, 2020, 10:41:12 AM
*Originally Posted by 765rocks [+]
I had decatted headers, SC exhaust, K&N air filter on my 2015 street, used a Power Commander and auto tune, never saw a dyno, ran perfectly  :028:

So, the 765 is ride-by-wire for riding modes, has quickshift and autoblip, wouldn't these be completely broken with a PCV bypassing the ECU? Or am I just stupid and it doesn't work that way?

Online 765rocks

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona moto2
  • City / Town: Midlands
Reply #46 on: July 19, 2020, 11:07:49 AM
I believe it only modifies the ecu output to the injectors for fuelling? Think of it as an inline unit from ecu to them . Not sure therefore it would interfere with other ecu inputs or outputs. Happy for others to wade in  :156:

Online RastaRacing

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Moto 2 765.
  • City / Town: SW Ontario Canada
  • Number: #251
Reply #47 on: July 19, 2020, 11:42:25 AM
 :087:
Thatís how I feel about computers.
Enough said.
Sorry I canít help.
Wish I had the knowledge to do it.
Iím more analog then digital.
I always just pay to have a Pro tune it.
Simple and always safer that way.
Dyno the bike before and after. See your improvements. Always best to know where you are with no doubts.
 Good luck. !! 

Moto GP is back on. !!!!! 
2003 Harley Davidson LE 100yr Anniversary flat track replica
2007 675 road
2008 675 race 
2009 675 race 2012r pro built motor
2020 765 road / race

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Master
  • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: Worcester UK
  • Number: #210
Reply #48 on: July 19, 2020, 12:47:56 PM
. . . Happy for others to wade in  :156:

Not me. I won't even dip my toe into this one. I'm from the days of points and tappets, carbs and strobe light timing. The first time I heard of 'ride-by-wire' made me wonder: what the heck's this got to do with the circus?

I agree with Rasta: hand over what you can't do to the pros!

Offline Atari765

• Daytona Pro
Reply #49 on: July 19, 2020, 02:17:05 PM
I believe it only modifies the ecu output to the injectors for fuelling? Think of it as an inline unit from ecu to them . Not sure therefore it would interfere with other ecu inputs or outputs. Happy for others to wade in  :156:

From my understanding if you messed with even just the fueling it would cause knock on effects of the throttle maps then being incorrect, or an inability for the quickshifter/autoblipper to time the blip correctly. Maybe I am totally wrong about this though. I'm still not sure if I could use the PCV for the street triple rs or not, I guess I could call dynojet or revzilla and see if they can offer advice. When I talked to the Triumph dealer I got the bike from they said they don't have a dyno in their shop, so I guess I have to go to a 3rd party shop to deal with it, but then I'm curious about what software they would use to remap the ecu, like would they need some sort of proprietary software from Triumph or some kind of key to flash the ecu?

data-full-width-responsive="true">