Author Topic: I can’t stop thinking about my 765.......  (Read 44057 times)

Offline RastaRacing

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Moto 2 765.
  • City / Town: SW Ontario
  • Number: #251
Re: I can’t stop thinking about my 765.......
Reply #480 on: September 16, 2021, 09:31:16 PM
Pipes are ready… had time to make 10. Next is brackets x10.

As always Rollie and I took the time to prepare fit each pipe to my beloved M2 to insure perfect fit.

I’ll be contacting the people on the waiting list first.will be ready to ship out on Monday.  If I have any left over I will try post. …..  I will try and make more next week too.
Rollie says High!!
Cheers !! 

2003 Harley Davidson LE 100yr Anniversary flat track replica
2007 675 road
2008 675 race 
2009 675 race 2012r pro built motor
2020 765 road / race

Offline RastaRacing

• Daytona Pro
Reply #481 on: September 21, 2021, 03:24:21 PM
Good Eh! 

I made time to make 10 more pipes.
I should have them ready to send out on Thursday or Friday this week.
PM me.
When you do please add your name and address so I can match it to your
forum name ans email.
It’s makes it a lot easier for me to track and match emails to the forum name when shipping out. 

Cheers. !! 
2007 675 road
2008 675 race 
2020 765 road / race

Offline RastaRacing

• Daytona Pro
Reply #482 on: September 23, 2021, 11:03:46 PM
Wow what a fantastic week …  :047:

RastaRacing146 link pipes Sold Out !
 :020: :152:
Thank you to all for supporting RastaRacing146 racing season 2021
 :763:
I will be making more the first week of Oct.   :062:
Now my main focus is on next weekend final Rd 6 with the championship on the line…..  :156:

I will be able to make the RastaRacing146 link pipes on a regular basis I’m hoping.  :001:

Please PM me if you want to be add to the waiting list.  :028:

Have a grt night all.

Cheers !! 

2007 675 road
2008 675 race 
2020 765 road / race

Offline reed28

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: Daytona 765
  • City / Town: Altoona
Reply #483 on: September 27, 2021, 09:25:46 PM
Ordered my pipe from RastaRacing and got it installed yesterday in under 30minutes. Super easy and it made my 765 sound like it should. The 10lbs made a nice difference as well. Couldn't be happier. Looking to buy the SC project this winter and swap out the Arrow next season!

Offline solaris

• Daytona Member
Reply #484 on: September 29, 2021, 04:14:22 AM
Hey Robert (RastaRacing), got the pipe as well. Install was relatively easy. For the money though I would have liked to have a band clamp included and a bolt for the flange that holds the heat shield, just saying.
The biggest gripe I have though is the heat shield. Re-attaching the heat shield is not a great idea. That thing is now so flimsy and it moves freely under the bike (probably hitting the titanium exhaust while riding) since the rear bolt that kept it attached to the resonator is no longer an option. I think you should make a note that the heat shield should be removed.

Offline RastaRacing

• Daytona Pro
Reply #485 on: September 29, 2021, 04:49:43 AM
*Originally Posted by solaris [+]
Hey Robert (RastaRacing), got the pipe as well. Install was relatively easy. For the money though I would have liked to have a band clamp included and a bolt for the flange that holds the heat shield, just saying.
The biggest gripe I have though is the heat shield. Re-attaching the heat shield is not a great idea. That thing is now so flimsy and it moves freely under the bike (probably hitting the titanium exhaust while riding) since the rear bolt that kept it attached to the resonator is no longer an option. I think you should make a note that the heat shield should be removed.

Hey thanks for the reply.

As for your concerns…. The install video on YouTube clearly explains and suggested you as in you order the proper size clamp ..:  Or you can you use the stock clamp.
The bolt is also named and sized in the video ….
The bracket is stainless steel and has work for over 100 other people.
The video explains that every bracket is hand made and will be needed to be adjusted to fit your bike with the help of the front bolt sliding back and forth.
And to take your time ………
The pipe is the main focus… that preformed perfect. Excellent!!!! 

The bracket is penny’s on the dollar.

The clamp I explained clearly in the video and you choose to not to order one :..
can’t help there bud.
Did you even watch the install video on YouTube….   A lot of helpful information there like the heat cycle. Hope you did that ………. 
Have a grt night !

Thank you for supporting RastaRacing146 racing season 2021.
Cheers !! 
2007 675 road
2008 675 race 
2020 765 road / race

Online 765rocks

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona moto2
  • City / Town: Midlands
Reply #486 on: September 29, 2021, 07:07:59 AM
*Originally Posted by solaris [+]

Hi, just to add there is lots of info on here about the heat shield challenge, along with links to different shields specifically made for when the middle exhaust box is removed  :028:

Offline ChaWARma

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 675 & 765
  • City / Town: France
  • Number: #754
Reply #487 on: September 29, 2021, 07:29:48 AM
French manufacturing 👌🏼

[/url]
Daytona 675R 2011
Daytona 765 Moto2 #754

Offline mavs

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: 663
  • City / Town: uk
Reply #488 on: September 29, 2021, 06:45:29 PM
Hi, I installed my Rasta racing link pipe - no problems ( made perfect with a new exhaust gasket and wider exhaust clamp ). Personally I binned the heat shield bracket - no need, but the option was appreciated, as was the exhaust note. :002:

Offline solaris

• Daytona Member
Reply #489 on: September 29, 2021, 08:10:37 PM
*Originally Posted by RastaRacing [+]
Hey thanks for the reply.

As for your concerns…. The install video on YouTube clearly explains and suggested you as in you order the proper size clamp ..:  Or you can you use the stock clamp.
The bolt is also named and sized in the video ….
The bracket is stainless steel and has work for over 100 other people.
The video explains that every bracket is hand made and will be needed to be adjusted to fit your bike with the help of the front bolt sliding back and forth.
And to take your time ………
The pipe is the main focus… that preformed perfect. Excellent!!!! 

The bracket is penny’s on the dollar.

The clamp I explained clearly in the video and you choose to not to order one :..
can’t help there bud.
Did you even watch the install video on YouTube….   A lot of helpful information there like the heat cycle. Hope you did that ………. 
Have a grt night !

Thank you for supporting RastaRacing146 racing season 2021.
Cheers !!

No need to go offensive on me. I appreciate the pipe, the quality of it, was just trying to give you some constructive feedback. If you can't appreciate honest feedback then I can't help.
Yes, I believe all hardware should have been provided (a proper band clamp and a bolt) and more clear indication that the heat shield is going to be loose at the rear end. Not an option to keep it like this on the track, at least not for me, I didn't install it. And yes, I did "even" watch your video before I even received the pipe.

All misunderstanding aside, I think it's a great product and will recommend it to others.

Cheers!

data-full-width-responsive="true">

yeasty-need