Daytona 765 Forum - Join Up Today

Author Topic: Triumph Accessories  (Read 295 times)

Offline MattR

• Forum Help and Support
  • Daytona Pro
Triumph Accessories
on: November 04, 2019, 01:21:30 PM
We know little at the moment, but apparently there will be 35 genuine Triumph accessories available for the 765.

Described as "race inspired accessories" centered around styling, protection and security. Apparently they will include:

Contemporary scrolling LED indicators with gloss black cast aluminium bodies

Machined aluminium rear brake reservoir with a laser etched Triumph branded lid

Engine and fork protectors

Tail tidy

TPMS

More news in this thread as it becomes available.....  :152:

Offline Mick

• Daytona Newbie
  • Bike: Tuono
  • City / Town: Corby
Re: Triumph Accessories
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 04:32:54 PM
Hmmm.... you'd think that TPMS would be standard especially as most of the other parts are top end.

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Pro
  • Bike: Daytona 765 Moto 2
  • City / Town: Worcester UK
Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 08:08:31 AM
Got to have the tail tidy and rad guard. I am told the tail tidy is the same as Street Triple.

Online Liam

• Daytona Member
  • Bike: STR675 / Daytona765
Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 08:12:05 PM
*Originally Posted by nigelrb [+]
Got to have the tail tidy and rad guard. I am told the tail tidy is the same as Street Triple.

Where did you hear that?

Feeling like Iíll end up paying over the odds for a tail tidy from Triumph for fear of not getting anything aftermarket to fit given the tail fairing is new.

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Pro
Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 08:17:36 PM
*Originally Posted by Liam [+]
Where did you hear that?

From my local dealer in Stratford-upon-Avon. Tail tidy defo the same, but retails at £97.00 :013: . I haven't checked the market for aftermarket. I know all the Honda stuff, but new to Triumph.

Also found out that Rad guard isn't listed. Because of the fairings etc, the Street Triple stuff probably won't fit (my opinion) so I'll wait for R & G or similar.

Online Liam

• Daytona Member
Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 08:20:22 PM
*Originally Posted by nigelrb [+]
From my local dealer in Stratford-upon-Avon. Tail tidy defo the same, but retails at £97.00 :013: . I haven't checked the market for aftermarket. I know all the Honda stuff, but new to Triumph

In that case Evotech would be the way to go! Great news.

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Pro
Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 08:30:33 PM
The Honda guys speak highly of Evotech.

As you say, the rear moulding is totally different on our Daytonas. Obviously, there is no access through the 'pillion' perch, so somehow, the whole seat unit will have to be removed.

You Tube has a reasonable Street Triple instruction vid that will at least help in part.

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Pro
Reply #7 on: December 14, 2019, 09:39:52 AM
Just as further info for @Liam and others, just returned from my dealer with my Order Form etc, and can confirm tail tidy, or 'Number Plate Holder Kit' as it is detailed (Part No: A9708391) retails at £97.50 plus VAT. I'm paying, perhaps stupidly, another £93.75 plus VAT for fitting.

Dealer wouldn't entertain the free fit which is both disappointing and infuriating. This is a clear case of limited edition models not being subject to any type of discounting because it is a 'take it or leave it' situation. I could easily do the job myself, but I am forever wary of DIY during warranty periods because if ever ANYTHING would go wrong the finger would point back to me. Even for the most ridiculous and irrelevant fault, i.e. rear hub fracture? 'Oh, it must have been the way you put the tail tidy on. Sorry, but we can't cover you under warranty.'
Friggin' asses. :182:

By the way, also heard another dealer has already delivered one of the bikes! Mines defo scheduled for next week. 
Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:40:52 AM by nigelrb

Online Liam

• Daytona Member
Reply #8 on: December 14, 2019, 11:25:18 AM
Thanks for the info!

I definitely see your point re: warranty but I wonít be able to bring myself to pay £90 for fitting of a tail tidy.

Canít wait to see owner pictures filtering through now deliveries are underway.

My dealer offered delivery in January but Iíve asked to wait until the original March date and a 20 plate. Apparently the 7 other customers at my dealer also requested the same.

Offline nigelrb

• Daytona Pro
Reply #9 on: December 14, 2019, 11:38:23 AM
*Originally Posted by Liam [+]

My dealer offered delivery in January but Iíve asked to wait until the original March date and a 20 plate. Apparently the 7 other customers at my dealer also requested the same.

Cheers Liam, you'll defo get pictures filtered through by me!!

Interesting point about waiting for March. I wouldn't have the patience. What's the position re purchase completion? Does your dealer ask for the transaction to be fully finalised? I ask this because I assume the dealer will be charged by Triumph for the bikes, but possibly not if they are held at the factory. After all, you (we) shouldn't be penalised because Triumph is ahead of schedule.

I understand the point of having 2020 on the V5 (V5 for international readers is UK's motor registration certificate) as opposed to 2019, and the more up-to-date 2020 reg plate. For me it's no concern as I already have the 'GP 02' plate previously displayed. I'm also fairly confident there'd be no benefit on resale with a 2020 plate as any enthusiast who might later buy one of these will presumably know that they are a 2020 bike, but some were released 'early'. Mine's a keeper, so I'm not affected by resale. It'll probably be fought for by squabbling and greedy grandkids from the proceeds of my Will. :015:

Just as another point of interest for all, my dealer was allocated only 2 bikes.   

yeasty-need